Teaching is one of the most exciting and fulfilling professions available,
yet it also is one of the most demanding in terms of preparation. As
professional standards and expectations rise, you'll need the best training available to prepare you for success in the educational environment of the 21st century. READ MORE
The Educator Preparation Program at Union University offers exceptional
preparation in a context of Christian commitment. With small classes and
individual attention from faculty, Union seeks to help each student achieve at the highest level possible.
Union University is receiving increasing recognition for its program in
Educator Preparation, for a variety of reasons:
- Gifted faculty who take a personal interest in students
- Programs which meet all state standards and national standards for the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE)
- An excellent record of placing graduates in quality teaching positions, in Tennessee and around the world
- State-of-the-art facilities and equipment for teaching the effective use of the latest instructional technology
- An outstanding program of practical training and field experience
beginning in the first year of preparation
- A commitment to help teacher candidates cultivate a Christian worldview as they move into the education profession.
The mission of the Educator Preparation Program is to prepare highly effective teachers within an environment of sensitivity, reflection and faith:
- Teachers who are sensitive to the diverse learning needs of their
- Competent teachers who embrace reflective scholarship and a spirit of inquiry
- Teachers who carefully consider their world view and integrate Christian values in their classrooms.
We believe in the stewardship of the environment, the dignity and worth of each individual and the grace to lead,
empower and motivate every student to enjoy learning and to continue learning for a lifetime. We pray that our students at Union will
embody those beliefs and pass them on to those whose lives they will touch as teachers.
11/4/2013 - School of Education prepares for new yearlong internship program
11/1/2013 - Union University named among top institutions to produce high-quality teachers
4/9/2013 - Union to host SCORE conversation on education
7/18/2012 - Union’s School of Education requests third-party comments for accreditation visit