The Union University Arboretum is an
exciting new development on Union’s
campus. There are three primary goals for
which this project is being undertaken.
- First, it is our hope that the
Union University community
will come to a deeper
appreciation of the handiwork
of our Creator God as they
encounter these trees on campus.
- Second, we envision an
Arboretum that will be a vital
curricular component to those
studying the sciences, and those
engaged in the sciences as part
of their liberal arts education.
- Third, we anticipate that the
Arboretum will be a way for
alumni and friends of Union
to participate in the life of the
University in a sustainable way,
and to increase the enjoyment
of the campus by all who visit.
The Arboretum will consist
of trees that pre-date Union’s
move to this area, trees that
have special significance to the
University, trees that have been
added since the advent of the
University, and trees that will be
strategically added in the future.
Search by Families and Names
Recently Added Trees
- Elm, Winged (Ulmus alata, Ulmaceae)
- Cypress, Bald (Taxodium distichum, Taxodiaceae)
- Willow, Weeping (Salix babylonica, Salicaceae)
- Oak, Post (Quercus stellata, Fagaceae)
- Oak, Northern Red (Quercus rubra, Fagaceae)
- View All Trees
Printable Arboretum Map