- 7/28/2010 - Union teams named as NAIA scholar teams
- 6/17/2010 - Union earns TranSouth All-Sports Trophy for seventh straight season
- 6/3/2010 - Union puts three runners on track and field scholar athlete list
- 5/27/2010 - Union's Sadler named TranSouth AD of the year
- 5/25/2010 - Union is host to 19 sports camps in summer of 2010
- View More 2009 Lady Bulldog Cross Country News
- 3/26/2010 - Union cross country signs Alabama standout
- 12/17/2009 - Longtime Union friend and supporter Fesmire dies at 76
- 11/21/2009 - Union’s three individual qualifiers compete in NAIA cross country nationals
- 11/21/2009 - Union cross country puts three runners on the NAIA Scholar Athlete list
- 11/16/2009 - Three Union cross country individuals set for NAIA national tournament
- 11/7/2009 - Union cross country third in men’s, women’s race; three runners make nationals
- 11/5/2009 - Union Sports Hall of Fame to induct six individuals and 1963 baseball team
- 11/4/2009 - Union athletes take part in seventh annual Campus and Community day
- 10/31/2009 - Union cross country claims team titles; Clardy, Bett named top runners
- 10/24/2009 - Union men and women place tenth in Southeastern Cross Country Classic
- 10/23/2009 - Union listed among NAIA 2008-09 Champions of Character institutions
- 10/7/2009 - Union set to host TranSouth Cross Country Championships
- 10/3/2009 - Union men first place, women second in Union Cross Country Invitational
- 9/30/2009 - Union hosting second annual cross country invitational
- 9/19/2009 - Union women's cross country finishes ninth in Vanderbilt Classic
- 8/10/2009 - Union women's cross country goes for seventh straight TranSouth title
- 7/1/2009 - Union athletics join Facebook, Twitter
- View All Bulldog News
10/31/09 - 12184
The women's cross country runners participate in the TranSouth Cross Country Conference at Union University on Oct. 31, 2009. Union won their seventh straight title. - Abby Ott
10/31/09 - 12226
Head coach Gary Johnson - Uncredited
10/31/09 - 12240
Union women's cross country posted their seventh straight conference title in the 2009 TranSouth Championships. - Uncredited
10/31/09 - 12241
Union women's cross country wins seventh straight TranSouth title. - Uncredited
The Union University women's cross country team enters the 2009 season as the defending TranSouth Champions. Union has captured six straight conference titles, including three straight team appearances in the NAIA National Meet.
Union head coach Gary Johnson returns six runners from the 2008 season. Two players were lost to graduation, including Lydia Bond and Charley Moss who were both four-time All-Conference runners. Bond was the 2008 TranSouth Runner of the Year for Johnson and the Lady Bulldogs.
Of the six returning players, four have been honored for their success the course.
Erika Schatterly, the team's lone senior, is a three-time All-Conference runner. Junior runner Kayla Hauss, has been an All-Conference runner in each of her first two seasons. Newcomer Carrie Moore, also a junior, joins the cross country squad after spending two seasons with the Union women's soccer program.
Four sophomores dominate the roster, led by Hanna Clardy and Danielle Partain who each were All-Conference runners as freshmen. Hanna Staggs and Carissa Wilson return after completing a successful first season of college competition.
Lilli Harmon and Cally Howell join Union this season as freshmen and will look to contribute to a possible seventh straight TranSouth Championship.
Union opens their season on Saturday, September 19 in the Commodore Classic hosted by Vanderbilt University in Nashville. Union will host two events on campus, Union Invitational on Oct. 3 and the TranSouth Conference Meet on Oct. 31.