The Center for Faculty Development seeks to aid faculty in becoming excellent teachers and creative and fruitful contributors to their disciplines, in taking the initiative to secure resources and opportunities for professional growth, in seeking to know and love God, and in seeing their teaching, scholarship, creative work, and service as a Christian calling to the academic world.
2013 Newell Innovative Teaching Awards
June 20, 2013 - The 2013 Newell Innovative Teaching Awards were announced at Awards Day on May 3, 2013. The following faculty members were recognized:
- Gavin Richardson "The Roman Coin Project" (Winner)
- Georg Pingen "Flipped Classroom, Team-Based Learning, and Real World Problems in Engineering" (Honorable Mention)
- Terry Blakely and Nita Mehr "SIM-City Social Work: Graduated Practice Simulations for Advanced Social Work Professional Readiness" (Honorable Mention)
Related Web Resource: http://www.uu.edu/centers/faculty/programs/innovative/
Fall 2012 Dialogue Groups
October 26, 2012 -
- The Narnian:The Life and Imagination of C. S. Lewis Alan Jacobs.
- Everyday Theology Kevin J. Vanhoozer.
- Caring for Words in a Culture of Lies Marylin Chandler Mc Entyre.
- Creating a Sense of Presence in Online Teaching Rosemary M. Lehman.
2012-13 Teaching and Learning Grant Recipients
October 26, 2012 - The following members of our faculty were awarded Teaching and Learning Grants:
- Cam Tracy – Communication Arts/Computer Science
- Karen Martin – Languages
- David Thomas – History
- Emily Lean – Business Administration
- Jennifer Farroll – Athletic Training
- Jason Crawford – English
- Justin Barnard – Intellectual Discipleship and Chris Mathews – Music
- Max Haifei Li – Computer Science
- Christine Bailey – Composition Support/English
- James Huggins – Biology
- Deidra Easley – Pharmacy