Certificate in International Health Care
The purpose of the program is to enhance the knowledge and clinical skills of international nurses and to promote an awareness of intercultural relationships. The two-semester program (9-months) will provide a curriculum that incorporates didactic instruction, clinical laboratory and human patient simulation experiences, and anatomical instruction in the cadaver lab. The program is available on the undergraduate or graduate level awarding the Certificate in International Health Care.
The Certificate in International Healthcare is presented from a triad educational approach. This approach includes the physiological instruction through human patient simulation experiences, anatomical teaching provided through cadaver lab experiences, and didactic instruction provided in the classroom.
|CHP 525||Principles and Practice of Medical-Surgical Nursing||6|
|CHP 511||Introduction to Intercultural Communication in Health Care I||2|
|One of the following:
|CHP 540||NCLEX-RN Prep Review Course||6|
|CHP 512||Introduction to Intercultural Communication in Health Care II||2|
|One of the following:
- The first group of 20 students will begin in January 2013. Program completion will be the last day of September 2013.
- The program will begin with one month of intensive Intercultural
Studies courses followed by an intensive nursing curriculum.
- Two days per week classroom instruction
- Two days per week laboratory instruction
- The second cohort will begin in August 2013.
Clinical Experiences in Program
All students in the program will have required clinical training as part of their academic program. The clinical training may involve human patient simulation in the Center for Excellence in Health Care Practice and/or opportunities to gain clinical experiences in local hospital institutions. The specific placement of students will depend on their level of study in the program (undergraduate or graduate), or professional qualifications and availability of training sites. In accordance with the Code of Federal Regulations, graduate students ONLY may apply for available paid positions that are approved by the CPIH to satisfy this program requirement.
Graduate students who are interested in this option will have the opportunity to apply during the first days of the program. Applicants who are accepted by the hospital for potential paid training must meet with Union University's PDSO and fulfill all requirements of the Code of Federal Regulations for Curricular Practical Training before beginning the paid training.
Under the Code of Federal Regulations, undergraduate students are not permitted to engage in paid curricular practical training-or any paid employment-until they have completed one full academic year of study.
Students must complete the following requirements to be eligible to participate in this program:
- All students must hold RN licensure recognized by the Indian government at the time of registration for the program. (B.Sc. In Nursing by the Indian Nursing Council (INC).
- All students must gain approval of credentials from AIILSG as a coordinating institute.
- All students must complete the application for admission to the program, submit all required documents and be approved for admission by UU according to guidelines for the undergraduate or graduate Certificate Program coursework, as appropriate.
- All students must seek approval by All India Institute of Local Self Government as a coordinating institute.
- All students must appear before the American Consulate for student visa and to seek final approval to participate in the UU program under the auspices of All India Institute of Local Self Government.
- Tuition Costs for 2013
- $395 x 24 credit hours for a total of $9,480
- Includes books and laboratory supplies
- Miscellaneous Expenses Not Covered by University
Contact Information for Application Process
Union University has an educational partnership with All India Institute of Local Self Government for the International Certificate in Healthcare. All application processing is handled through Union University.
|Union University School of Nursing
Director of Business Development
|All India Institute of Local Self Government