Director of Marketing and Continuing Education
Union University seeks a qualified individual for the position of Director of Marketing and Continuing Education for its School of Social Work.
Union University is a private, coeducational liberal arts-based university offering bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degrees. The campus is located in Jackson, Tenn. (80 miles northeast of Memphis) with additional campuses in Germantown and Hendersonville, Tenn. Union University currently enrolls more than 4,000 undergraduate and graduate students from more than 40 states and 30 countries. Union University stands as a national leader among colleges and universities in promoting a Christian worldview and a Christ-centered approach to education. Union is consistently ranked among the nation’s premier Christian universities and has been recognized as a top tier institution each year since 1997 by U.S. News & World Report, which also recognized Union at a national level for undergraduate teaching excellence. Union was also recently recognized by the Chronicle of Higher Education as a “Great College to Work For,” one of only 30 four-year institutions to receive this honor roll designation.
This position is responsible for providing oversight for all School of Social Work marketing initiatives and its continuing education program. The position also serves as the student recruitment agent for the School of Social Work for the graduate and adult studies programs. Duties include:
- Function as a part of the social work program team to accomplish the mission and goals of the program.
- Oversee the student recruitment process for the graduate and adult studies program, including communications with prospective students, coordinating hospitality for visiting students and their families, and serving on the Admissions Committee for these programs.
- Work with faculty and leadership in the School of Social Work to manage website content and development.
- Provide leadership to all marketing initiatives of the School of Social Work, including planning, media projects, and visits to conferences and schools for recruiting.
- Provide staff support for the School of Social Work Marketing Committee.
- Oversee activities of the public child welfare program in association with the Tennessee Department of Children’s Services.
- Coordinate all continuing education activities of the School of Social Work, including planning, marketing, and evaluating.
- Teach up to two courses each semester for the School of Social Work.
- Assist with any other activities of the program as assigned by the program or field director.
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Master of Social Work and a minimum of two years practice experience is required. High level computer skills as well as excellent organizational and administrative skills are also required.
Successful candidates must be professing Christians who are active members of a local church, enthusiastically support Union University’s Identity, Mission and Core Values, and articulate a Christian worldview in their work and life.
Interested individuals may access an application below. Send the completed application, resume, and a letter expressing interest to: Human Resources, Union University, 1050 Union University Drive, Jackson, TN 38305, or by fax to 731-661-5177, or via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Women and minority candidates are encouraged to apply.
Apply for this Staff Position