- General-purpose computer labs are available for current students and employees.
- Student lab assistants are available to help you at any time the general-purpose labs on the Jackson campus are open, except as noted below. Professional staff are available to assist you at the Jackson campus and at the Germantown campus during traditional business hours. Hours for the labs are listed below.
- These labs are sometimes reserved for classes or may be unavailable for other reasons including official holidays, required chapel services or inclement weather.
- Lab hours may vary at the end of major terms (spring graduation to June, fall graduation to January).
- You may call to check availability.
- It is university policy that only students registered for the class meeting in the lab are allowed to be in the lab at that time.
- Many departments on the Jackson campus have a computer lab designated for students taking courses in the department. Each department determines its own usage policies and hours of access. View a complete list of departmental labs here.
- Jackson-campus labs and IT Help Desk
- The C-1 and C-3 labs are located in the Penick building across the hall from the library. The IT Help Desk is located in the D-22 area of the Penick building.
- Fall, Spring
- Monday - Thursday: 7:30 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.
- Friday - 7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Saturday: 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Sunday: Closed
- May (after Graduation, until classes resume in June)
- Monday - Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Saturday - Sunday: Closed
- Memorial Day: Closed
- January, June, July, August
- Monday - Thursday: 8:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m. (The Help Desk is closed after 4:30 p.m.)
- Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Saturday: 11:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (The Help Desk is closed.)
- Sunday: 2:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. (The Help Desk is closed.)
- If all computers in these labs are in use, the library, the Bowld Commons building and the McAfee Commons building also have computers for general student use. The library computers on the main floor and upstairs are PCs. McAfee has PCs. Bowld has both PCs and Macs.
- Germantown-campus labs
- To find out if the building will be open on a specific night or Saturday, call the campus receptionist (7:30-4:30 - 901-312-1931) or campus security (after 4:30 or Saturday - 901-312-1936).
- Monday - Thursday: 7:30 a.m. - 9:30 p.m. (If there are no night classes scheduled, the building may close before 9:30 p.m.)
- Friday: 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Saturday: 7:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. (The campus is normally open three out of four Saturdays each month with the exceptions of May, August and December.)
- Sunday: Closed
A-Z Services Catalog