Union announces chapel schedule for spring semester
JACKSON, Tenn. – Jan. 5, 2011 – Union University has released its chapel schedule for the spring 2011 semester, with a number of nationally known speakers included.
“A Christ-centered university is best prepared to fulfill its mission when the one true God is honored,” said Gregory A. Thornbury, vice president for spiritual life at Union. “And God is glorified amongst us through our common confession, prayer, and receiving the proclaimed Word. By God's grace, we have some tremendous servants of the church who stand ready to assist us toward this end.”
Among the scheduled speakers are:
- Jarvis Williams, assistant professor of New Testament and Greek at Campbellsville University in Campbellsville, Ky., who will speak Feb. 16.
- Chuck Lawless, dean of the Billy Graham School of Missions and Evangelism at The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary in Louisville, Ky., who will speak Feb. 18.
- Fred Luter Jr., senior pastor of Franklin Avenue Baptist Church in New Orleans, who will speak Feb. 23.
- Larry Grays, senior pastor of The Midtown Bridge Church in Atlanta, Ga., who will speak Feb. 25.
- Mike Cosper, worship arts pastor at Sojourn Community Church in Louisville, Ky., who will speak March 4.
- James Emery White, senior pastor of Mecklenberg Community Church in Charlotte, N.C., who will speak March 9.
- Kevin Ezell, president of the Southern Baptist Convention’s North American Mission Board in Alpharetta, Ga., who will speak March 18.
- Russell D. Moore, dean of the School of Theology at The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary in Louisville, Ky., who will deliver the Crabtree Lectures March 30-April 1.
Several Union faculty and staff members will also speak in the spring semester, including James Patterson, Jerry Tidwell, Thornbury, Gene Fant and Mark Campbell.
A full schedule is available at www.uu.edu/events/chapel.cfm. Audio files from past chapel speakers are available on Union’s Audio Project.