Master of Science in Nursing > Post-Master's Administration Track
Post-Master's Administration Track
Due to the increasing complexity of healthcare systems, professional nurses are being required to gain a better understanding of the economic and management principles of their administrative position. For this reason, Union University offers a post-master's certificate curriculum in nursing administration for professional nurses to gain the valuable knowledge and skills to serve in a variety of administrative and leadership positions throughout the health care delivery systems.
- Proof of unencumbered RN license
- Previously earned Master of Science in Nursing degree
- Last 60 hours GPA 3.0
- Union University School of Nursing application with $50 application fee
- Official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions
- Three letters of professional/academic reference specifying the applicants capabilities for graduate study. One letter of reference must be from the applicant's immediate supervisor
- Case study during the interview process
2014-2015 Tuition Rates
Demonstrate evidence in earned MSN degree or complete the following MSN courses:
||Advanced Nursing Statistics for the Health Sciences
||Theory and Ethics for Advanced Nursing Practice
||Advanced Nursing Research and Evidence-Based Practice
||Clinical Prevention and Population Health
||Health Systems and Leadership for Advanced Nursing Practice
||Informatics and Healthcare
||Role Development and Collaborative Strategies in Advanced Nursing Practice
Nursing Administration specialty courses:
||Introduction to Administrative Practice
||Nursing Administration Practicum I (80 Clinical Hours)
||Nursing Administration and the Law
||Nursing Administration Practicum II (120 Clinical Hours)
||Nursing Admin Practicum III (80 Clinical Hours)
||Nursing Quality Management
||Organizational Behavior and Leadership
||Nursing Administration Residency (120 Clinical Hours)
||Nursing Resource Management
Total Credit Hours: 22
Total Clinical Hours: 400
Graduate Admissions Checklist
- Application: All non-traditional nursing students must complete the Union University School of Nursing's applications only.
You are not required to apply to the university separately. NursingCAS AND
Supplemental Application Packet (.pdf)
- Personal Statement: Complete the personal statement found on NursingCAS.
Please provide a statement of professional goals. Topics to be included are:
- Why you wish to become a Nurse Anesthetist, Nurse Practitioner, Nurse Educator, or Nurse Administrator/Leader
- What you plan to do with this degree, including long term goals
- How you have prepared for success in this program
- Application Fee: The application fee is $50 and is non-refundable.
You have the option to pay online by credit card.
You may also pay by check or money order with your paper application.
The NursingCAS application fee is $65 and is non-refundable. You have the option to pay online via the NursingCAS website.
- Transcripts: Official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions must be submitted directly through NursingCAS. Please do not send transcripts for non-traditional nursing programs to Undergraduate Admissions. Transcripts must be received in a sealed envelope from previous academic institutions attended. Official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions must be sent to:
P.O. Box 9201
Watertown, MA 02471
- Letters of Recommendation: Three letters of professional/academic reference specifying the applicant's capabilities for graduate study to include one letter of reference from the current supervisor. Letter of Recommendation forms are a part of the NuringCAS application.
- Provide proof of BSN degree completion, if applicable.
- Provide proof of current RN Licensure.
- Provide proof of Undergraduate Statistics.
- Submission of a Curriculum Vitae.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered for admission. All application documents must be received prior to the application deadlines. Incomplete applications will be considered ineligible for admission.
*Please allow 2-4 weeks after application packet has been submitted to be received in the Office of Admissions and up to 2 weeks to process application. Applicant will be notified by email when application has been processed.
*Upon acceptance into the program, the following items must be completed:
- Current CPR Health Care Provider Certification
- Immunization Records
- Clear urine drug screen
- Clear criminal background check
Disclosure Statement Regarding Gainful Employment for Post Master's Certificate in Nursing Administration
On-time graduation: Our post master's certificate in Nursing Administration is cohort based. There is no other option for curriculum completion. Therefore; all students will graduate at the end of the four semester program, typically in December of the year following their enrollment date.
Tuition and fees: Tuition for the post-master's certificate in Nursing Administration is $495 per credit hour. The program is 25 credit hours for a total tuition cost of $12.375. Fees are approximately $200 for the program bringing the total cost of tuition and fees to approximately $12,375.
Books and supplies: The cost of books and supplies for the program is approximately $700.
Room and board: Students typically live off campus in their own homes.
The following link will access occupational profiles on the U.S. Department of Labor's O*NET website: http://www.onetonline.org/find/