Book(s), Monograph(s) or Book Chapter(s)
- KJV 400: The Legacy and Impact of the King James Version.
Edited by Ray Van Neste; Foreword by David S. Dockery. BorderStone Press (December 2012).
Union Contributor(s): Ray Van Neste (Editor and Introduction); James A. Patterson (Chapter: "Divine Right or Holy Dissent? Conflicting Visions of Church and State in Early Seventeenth-Century England"); Steve R. Halla (Chapter: "Art, Iconoclasm, and the Search for Unity: Reflections on Cornelis Boel's 1611 KJV Title Page Design"); Bobby C. Rogers (Chapter: "'Therefore Now Put Off They Ornaments': The Influence of the King James Bible in Contemporary American Poetry"); John T. Netland (Chapter: "'The Very Language of Men': Biblical Echoes in Wordsworth's Poetry"); Scott Huelin (Chapter: "Only God Speaks King James: The Literary Use of English Bible Translations in Flannery O'Connor's The Violent Bear It Away"); Gene Fant (Chapter: "'Give Me also This Power': Secular Writers' Simultaneous Fascination with and Denial of the Power of the KJV"); Christopher W. Mathews (Chapter: "Sounding through the Centuries: The Influence of the King James Version over Four Centuries of Musical Composition"); Bradley G. Green (Chapter: "Convenant, Canon, and Culture: Theological Reflections on the Cultural Meaning of the King James Version"); Hunter Baker (Chapter: "A Bible for the People: The Political and Cultural Impact of the Vernacular Bible"); Gavin Richardson (Chapter: "'No New Reformation': Anglo-Saxon Vernacular Scripture in the Minds of the Reformers"); Micah Watson (Chapter: "Who Appeals to Heaven? King James I and John Locke on Scripture & Political Authority"); Justin D. Barnard (Chapter: "Human Nature and the Veneration of the KJV"); Jennifer A. Gruenke (Chapter: "Isaac Newton's Bible: Science and Heresy in 17th Century England").
Book Website | Buy at Amazon.com or
Google Products |
Find in Google Scholar or
Peer-Reviewed Journal Article(s)
- "Practical Paleography in the Chaucer Classroom (forthcoming),"
Studies in Medieval and Renaissance Teaching. (October 2010)
- "Numismatic Images of Atargatis: Keys to a Parody,"
The Celator: Journal of Ancient and Medieval Coinage. (October 2009)
- "La Male Regle Thomas Hoccleve,"
The Facts on File Companion to British Poetry Before 1600. (January 2008)
- "Jarman's UNHOLY SONNET: AFTER THE PRAYING, AFTER THE HYMN-SINGING,"
The Explicator. (April 2007)
- "Sex and Secrecy in Medieval Antifeminist Proverbs,"
Proverbium: Yearbook of International Proverb Scholarship. (January 2005)
- "Germanus Autisiodorensis,"
Abbo of Fleury, Abbo of Saint-Germain-Des-Pres, and Acta Sanctorum. (January 2002) (with Prof. E. Gordon Whatley)
- "Langland's Mary Magdalene: Proverbial Misogyny and the Problem of Authority,"
Yearbook of Langland Studies. (January 2000)
- "Judgment Day I & II,"
Medieval England. (January 1998)
- "Review of Shylock Is Shakespeare by Kenneth Gross,"
The Sixteenth Century Journal. (January 2008)
- "The 'Barbarian/Hut' Centenionalis and Vergilian Iconography,"
Vergilius. (January 2008)
- "Henryson's Proxy Avengers: Male Revenge Fantasy in the 'Testament of Cresseid'"
Forty-fourth International Congress on Medieval Studies. MI
- "The Bursting of the Womb: Male Revenge Fantasy and Hoccleve's Tale of Jonathas"
34th Annual Meeting of the Southeastern Medieval Association. St. Louis, MO
- "Constantine the Great: Christianity, Community, Art, & Propaganda--A Numismatic Lecture"
Society for the Critical Imagination.
- "Medieval Manuscripts & the Processus Contra Templarios"
Lambuth University Lecture Series on the Knights Templar . Jackson, TN
- "Practical Paelography in the Chaucer Classroom"
42nd International Congress on Medieval Studies. MI
- "Leading Men: An Analysis of a Romano-Byzantine Gesture"
Annual Meeting of the Southeastern Medieval Association. Daytona Beach, FL
- "Sex and Secrecy in Medieval Antifeminist Proverbs"
38th International Congress on Medieval Studies. MI
- "Language & Landscape: Mahmoud Darwish & Jehuda Amichai"
Union University Town & Gown Series on Israel and Palestine. Jackson, TN
- "The Literature of Islam"
Union University Town & Gown Lecture Series on Islam. Jackson, TN
- "Mary Magdalene in the English Mystery Plays"
Southeastern Medieval Association. New Orleans, LA
- "'For hit ys an olde-seyde sawe...': Proverbial Authority and the Denial of Agency in Malory's Le Morte Darthur "
34th International Congress on Medieval Studies. MI
- "Gnomic Generalization and Situational Ethics in Layamon's Brut"
2nd Annual Colloquium for Philology in Germanic Studies at Illinois and Indiana. IN
- "Langland's Mary Magdalene and the Problem of Authority"
The Medieval Association of the Midwest 12th Annual Conference. IN
- "Judas' Bread and Stone: The Proverbial Background of Elene 611-618 and the Problem of Choice"
Illinois Medieval Association's 13th Annual Meeting. Chicago, IL
- "A World Without the Word: Gnomic Manipulation in Hrafnkels Saga"
30th International Congress on Medieval Studies. MI
- "Narratology and Sapientia in the Old English Daniel"
28th International Congress on Medieval Studies. MI
Search by Type
Title Search by Keyword
Search by Date
Search Google Scholar