Available on the Jackson, Germantown (suburb of Memphis) and Hendersonville (suburb of Nashville) Campuses
The Master of Science in Nursing Program prepares students in advanced theory and practice in a specialized area of nursing. Graduate students are prepared to assume functional advanced practice roles in their specialty areas of nursing. The combination of theory, research, and professional development also prepares graduates for doctoral study nursing. Our curriculum assists students in developing a conceptual frame of reference for analyzing nursing problems, utilizing theories related to nursing practice, and integrating principles of spiritual care and bio-ethics in their professional roles. They have the opportunity to practice in a variety of health-care settings. READ MORE
Purpose of Program
To prepare competent professional nurses who provide caring therapeutic interventions to meet the health needs of culturally diverse persons.
Mission Statement of Program
To be excellent driven, Christ-centered, people-focused, and future-directed while preparing qualified individuals for a career in the caring, therapeutic, and teaching profession of nursing.
The goals of the master program are:
- To provide masters nursing education that builds on the baccalaureate undergraduate foundation.
- To prepare the graduate for advanced professional nursing practice with specific functional and clinical abilities.
- To prepare advanced practice nurses academically for doctoral study in nursing.
Expected Student Outcomes
The graduate of the master’s nursing program will be able to:
- Incorporate theory and research in advanced practice nursing.
- Assume leadership roles in one’s specialty area of nursing to promote health and well being of persons in an intercultural world.
- Integrate knowledge of healthcare economics and policy into the delivery of cost effective, ethically responsible nursing care.
- Manage information using technology to influence nursing practice.
- Demonstrate competency in the selected nursing practice.
Post Master's Certificate Program
2/13/2013 - Union’s online graduate nursing program scores high in USNWR rankings
9/13/2012 - Union School of Nursing to host Region 8 conference
7/21/2010 - Mission to Haiti: Nursing students serve in the aftermath of January's devastating earthquake
12/15/12 - 21280
Jamie Wise, master of science and nursing, smiles in celebration after she receives her diploma during Fall Commencement. - Zac Calvert
12/15/12 - 21279
Kimberly Stanley, master of science in nursing, smiles as David S. Dockery, president of the university, presents her with her diploma during Fall Commencement. - Zac Calvert
12/15/12 - 21276
Emily Flowers, master of science in nursing, gives her grandmother, Judy Wallace, a quick hug during the graduate procession into the sanctuary at West Jackson Baptist Church during Fall Commencement. - Zac Calvert
12/15/12 - 21275
Quaneshia Farris, master of science in nursing, smiles at friends during the procession into the sanctuary at West Jackson Baptist Church during Fall Commencement. - Zac Calvert