Union University Payment Policy states that payment for the entire term is expected at the beginning of each
respective term. Payment may be made with cash, check, or credit card. Union accepts MasterCard, American Express, Visa, and
Discover credit cards and bank debit cards. If you
choose to pay your student account by debit or credit card, there is a 2.5% processing fee, charged to the cardholder account by
the credit card processor, whether the payment is made using the telephone or in person. Alternatively, you may have funds
electronically withdrawn from your bank account by calling Union Station at 731-661-5000 and giving them the appropriate information.
There will be no additional charges to you for this service. If full payment cannot be made at this time, an option of budgeting
monthly payments through FACTS Management Company is provided. FACTS electronically drafts the appropriate bank account for
payment on the 5th or 20th of each month. Please apply for FACTS online below or with the
FACTS/Student Account office at 731.661.5071.
Nelnet Business Solutions/FACTS Resources for Union
- Does FACTS charge me interest?
- No, FACTS only charges an enrollment fee and any missed payment fees.
- Are there any service charges on the unpaid balance?
- No, Union will not charge service charges this year as long as there are no missed payments. Service charges will be reinstated
if payments are missed. FACTS does not assess any service charges or interest either.
- Will the FACTS payment be reflected on the monthly billing statement from Union?
- Yes, FACTS transfers collected funds to Union approximately 8-10 days after the draft from your banking source occurs.
The payments are then downloaded to the University student account and are reflected on subsequent billing statements.
- Can a student register early for subsequent terms while on FACTS?
- Yes, conditionally. An account must have had no missed payments
and have only one remaining payment for the student to be eligible
for early registration. However, the registration is open and once
the final payment is made, the student may register.
- Can a student have an official transcript before the FACTS payments are completed?
- No transcript is released until the account is paid in full. A
currently enrolled student may receive an “Advising” copy of their
transcript at any time.
- May changes be made to the FACTS monthly payments?
- Yes, if a student has received more financial aid than first
anticipated or is able to make an additional payment on the account,
the monthly payment can be reduced. Conversely, if the student has
added a class, the monthly payment can be increased. Contact the
Business Services office immediately about such changes. Any
activity on a student account with Union occurs independently of the
signed payment agreement with FACTS. The account may be paid in full
any time while on the FACTS payment plan. In such case, contact the
Business Services office and authorize that the agreement with FACTS
- Are there any other monthly payment options—may I send a monthly check directly to Union?
- No, the FACTS plan is the only monthly payment plan Union
accepts. The only alternative is to authorize FACTS to apply the
payment amount to a credit card on a monthly basis.