Union University

Dual Enrollment Program

Dual Enrollment Program

Undergraduate Admissions > Dual Enrollment Program

The Union University High School Dual Enrollment program is open to exceptional high school juniors and seniors from partnering institutions who have the ability, motivation, and maturity to begin their college education before high school graduation.

In addition to getting a taste of the quality of a Union University education, investing in this great opportunity provides some real practical advantages:

Students desiring to enroll in the Union University dual enrollment program must do so through Union University's Office of Undergraduate Admissions and meet the admission criteria as outlined in the formalized agreement with the partnering institution.

Program Requirements:

Sections I, II and III of the Dual Enrollment form are completed by the student and parent/guardian. The form should be returned to the high school Dual Enrollment Program Coordinator for completion of Section IV.

Frequently Asked Questions

What do I need to do if I want to attend Union University when I graduate from high school?
The Union University Office of Undergraduate Admissions will be happy to help! Students would need to submit the Application for Undergraduate Admissions and Scholarship Assistance. Additional items (transcript, test scores, etc.), would also be required; for more information, contact your enrollment counselor at 1-800-33-UNION.

Who teaches dual enrollment courses?
Union University provides Christ-centered higher education that promotes excellence and character development in service to Church and society. To this end, the University maintains a firm policy of employing only faculty and professional staff who share these commitments to academic quality and to a Christian life-style. All instructors affiliated with Union University must meet these criteria. High school teachers who meet the adjunct faculty criteria standards may teach dual enrollment courses.

Are dual enrollment courses different from other similar courses offered on Union University's campus?
Dual enrollment courses meet the same academic standards as courses taught at Union University.

Do dual enrollment courses transfer to other institutions?
In most cases, Union's courses transfer to other institutions, but it is ultimately the decision of the registrar at the institution to which courses would be transferred. It is the student's responsibility to contact the college or university she or he plans to attend to ensure that the courses would be accepted. The official Union University transcript is used for this purpose, not the high school transcript. Learn more about ordering transcripts online through the Office of the Registrar's website.

Is there a limit to the number of hours of Dual Enrollment courses that I am permitted to take?
Students may complete a maximum of 24 semester hours through Union's reduced tuition programs. Most courses are 3 hour credits, but course credit may vary. Please see Union's catalogue for more details.

Is financial assistance available for Dual Enrollment?
If you are a Tennessee resident, you may qualify for the TN Dual Enrollment Grant.

Perks for Dual Enrollment Students

Being a dual enrollment student means that you are also a Union University student! Being a Union student has its perks:

Apply to Union
Campus Visits
Renewing Minds
Kiplinger's Top 100 Private Colleges

Quick Links

Dual Enrollment
Undergraduate Admissions
Undergraduate Applications
Undergraduate Forms
International Student Applications (.pdf)
Undergraduate Areas of Study
Union on Social Media - more

Excellence-Driven Christ-Centered People-Focused Future-Directed

Apply to Union Campus Visits Give to Union