- 5/30/2012 - Union to host 18 different summer sports camps, first camps start June 4
- 1/26/2012 - Union participates in TranSouth food drive to benefit RIFA
- 1/4/2012 - Union men’s cross country signs Missouri native Mitchell
- 12/6/2011 - Trinity Christian’s Bell signs with Union cross country
- 11/21/2011 - Union cross country puts five on NAIA scholar list
- View More 2011 Bulldog Cross Country News
- 11/19/2011 - Union individuals finish in cross country nationals
- 11/14/2011 - Union promotes Sinclair to head trainer position
- 11/8/2011 - Union puts three runners in NAIA Nationals
- 11/8/2011 - Union’s Bett earns sixth runner of the week honor
- 11/5/2011 - Union cross country women second, men third in qualifier meet
- 11/2/2011 - Union’s Martin, Bett named runner of the week after conference titles
- 10/29/2011 - Union cross country sweep titles, Martin, Bett, Peiser, Johnson take top honors
- 10/24/2011 - Union’s Martin, Bett earn runners of the week
- 10/24/2011 - Union women second, men third at St. Louis Fall Cross Country Classic
- 10/5/2011 - Union University recognized as a Champions of Character Institution by the NAIA
- 10/4/2011 - Union's Martin, Bett earn weekly honors
- 10/1/2011 - Union men, women capture cross country invitational titles
- 9/19/2011 - Union’s Martin, Bett named runners of the week
- 9/17/2011 - Union cross country women 12th, men 16th in Vandy Classic
- 9/6/2011 - Union's Martin, Bett named runners of the week
- 9/6/2011 - Women tenth, men 12th in Memphis Twilight Cross Country Classic
- 9/3/2011 - Both Union cross country teams favored to repeat in TranSouth
- 8/12/2011 - Union fall sport schedules released
- 7/11/2011 - NCAA approves Union’s application for NCAA Division II membership process
- 4/26/2011 - Arkansas state champion signs with Union cross country
- View All Bulldog News
10/29/11 - 18889
Union University men's cross country captured their eighth straight TranSouth Conference title. - Steven Aldridge
10/29/11 - 18888
Union University cross country teams sweep 2011 TranSouth Titles. - Steven Aldridge
10/29/11 - 19303
Union men's cross country gathers before the race. - Steven Aldridge
10/1/11 - 18498
Joel Wellum. - Zac Calvert
The Union University men's cross country team is returning all but one runner from last season, including all three all-conference runners Alex Bett, Edwin Kurgat and Zach Covington. Union captured their seventh straight TranSouth Conference Title last season and look to win again, in their final season in NAIA and TranSouth competition. The Bulldogs also advanced to the NAIA National Meet as a team for the third time in school history.
Union returns seven runners from last season. Union has just one newcomer on the team in, freshman Lucas Peiser. Peiser will look to step in and provide an immediate impact on Union's championship hopes.
Union returns three seniors including Covington, Bett and Joel Wellum to lead this experienced team. All three have been award winning runners during their time at Union. Bett earned the TranSouth Runner of the Year award for the second time in his career and was named conference runner of the week twice last season.
Two juniors Drake Ott and Logan Smith are back for their third seasons as runners for Union. Both contributed to Union's team success in returning to the national meet last season.
Caleb Creel and Kurgat return after successful freshman seasons last year. Kurgat was named conference runner of the week twice and was selected as the TranSouth Newcomer of the Year as a freshman.
Union head coach Gary Johnson says, "We are looking forward to our final season in the TranSouth Conference and hope to go out with our conference winning streak in tact. Our team recognizes the challenge of winning multiple championships and want to complete our NAIA affiliation with a conference championship and a trip to the national championship meet. We don't ever assume this will happen and look forward to the challenge of defending our crown against a quickly improving conference."
Johnson adds about the men's program, "Our men's team returns seven runners from the 2010 TranSouth championship team and will add Lucas Peiser, an Arkansas state high school cross country champion, to our squad. This group of guys is a special group to work with. I look forward to watching them as they try to achieve great things together and return to the NAIA national championship for our last time."