- 7/8/2011 - Three Union teams earn NAIA Scholar Team awards
- 6/9/2011 - Union claims eighth straight all-sports trophy
- 4/8/2011 - Union sponsors fifth pink jersey auction
- 1/19/2011 - Union cross country signs Georgia standout
- 1/19/2011 - USJ’s Hazlehurst signs with Union cross country
- View More 2010 Lady Bulldog Cross Country News
- 12/21/2010 - Merry Christmas from Union University Athletics
- 11/20/2010 - Union men’s cross country 28th in nationals, women 29th
- 11/19/2010 - Union cross country has four NAIA Scholar Athletes
- 11/16/2010 - Union cross country getting set for NAIA Nationals
- 11/5/2010 - Union cross country sweeps NAIA qualifying meet, advances to nationals
- 11/4/2010 - Union athletes participate in community service day
- 10/26/2010 - Union’s Martin, Bett named runners of the week in TranSouth
- 10/23/2010 - Union cross country sweeps TranSouth titles, honors
- 10/19/2010 - Union earns NAIA Five Star Award, named in championship of character top-25
- 10/4/2010 - Union's Martin, Bett named runners of the week
- 10/2/2010 - Union cross country teams take first place in home classic
- 9/27/2010 - Union's Martin, Kurgat named TranSouth runners of the week
- 9/27/2010 - Union cross country has good weekend at Memphis Twilight race
- 9/20/2010 - Union’s Martin named TranSouth women's runner of the week
- 9/18/2010 - Union cross country teams finish strong in Vanderbilt race
- 9/7/2010 - Union teams picked first in TranSouth cross country polls
- 8/17/2010 - Union 2010 fall schedules released
- 7/28/2010 - Union teams named as NAIA scholar teams
- 7/7/2010 - Union women's cross country signs Martin
- 6/17/2010 - Union earns TranSouth All-Sports Trophy for seventh straight season
- 5/25/2010 - Union is host to 19 sports camps in summer of 2010
- 3/26/2010 - Union cross country signs Alabama standout
- View All Bulldog News
10/2/10 - 15519
Runners on the women's cross country team compete in a meet held on campus. - Deanna Santangelo
10/2/10 - 15520
The women's cross country team competes in a meet on campus. - Deanna Santangelo
10/2/10 - 15521
Carrie Moore, senior biology major, runs in a cross country meet. - Deanna Santangelo
10/2/10 - 15525
Hannah Clardy, senior Biblical Studies major, runs across campus during a women's cross country meet. - Deanna Santangelo
The Union University women’s cross country team is coming
off their seventh straight TranSouth Championship. As Union tries to continue
that streak in 2010, the Lady Bulldogs will return their top five runners from
last year. Union has also added two runners to help strengthen their 2010 team.
Union has two seniors, Kayla Hauss and
Carrie Moore. Both Hauss and Moore
were all-conference runners on last year’s championship team.
Two juniors star on the 2010 roster including
Hannah Clardy and Carissa Wilson. Clardy
won the TranSouth individual title last season and represented Union as an
individual qualifier in the NAIA National Meet. Wilson was an
all-conference performer as well.
Sophomores Cally Howell and Lilli
Harmon look to contribute more following successful freshmen seasons.
Harmon was an all-conference runner as a freshman.
Two freshmen join the Union cross country program in 2010.
Ashlee Stewart and Allison Martin will try to
make an immediate impact as they enter college with outstanding high school
Union head coach Gary Johnson will be once
again leading a team with the target on their backs. In addition to the regulars
foes of Bethel (Tenn.), Blue Mountain (Miss.), Freed-Hardeman (Tenn.) and Lyon
(Ark.), Union will have one more team to run against as Trevecca Nazarene
(Tenn.) has added cross country to their list of varsity sports.
Coach Johnson says, "We have high expectations for the student-athletes who are members of the cross country programs at Union. We expect our runners to contribute to Union University spiritually, academically, and athletically. This year should be especially rewarding in terms of national recognition with multiple runners being eligible for NAIA scholar awards, potential national qualifiers, and the NAIA scholar team achievement."
Johnson adds, "I am excited to see how our new runners fit in with an established group. We have a strong cast returning for both teams and that encourages me about the prospects of competing for our conference championship and trying to qualify for the national meet. We only graduated one runner from the top 5 of either team, so this group is experienced and understands the expectations we have for them. It should be an exciting and challenging year."