Overall Record: 15-21 | TranSouth Record: 7-6
TranSouth: Stats | Standings NAIA: Stats | Rankings
- 5/30/2012 - Union to host 18 different summer sports camps, first camps start June 4
- 4/26/2012 - High school teammates share college success in different sports
- 4/20/2012 - Union’s Sims, Grimm recognized at Jackson Madison County Sports Hall of Fame
- 4/18/2012 - Union University announces Mooberry as new head volleyball coach
- 2/21/2012 - Elliott resigns as volleyball coach, resumes full-time teaching at Union
- View More 2011 Lady Bulldog Volleyball News
- 1/26/2012 - Union participates in TranSouth food drive to benefit RIFA
- 12/5/2011 - Union volleyball puts four players on NAIA scholar list
- 11/21/2011 - Union’s Moroski named to Capital One Academic All-District team
- 11/14/2011 - Union promotes Sinclair to head trainer position
- 11/9/2011 - Union volleyball season ends with semifinal loss
- 11/8/2011 - Union volleyball advances to semifinals with 3-2 win over Martin Methodist
- 11/8/2011 - Union volleyball stays alive in conference tourney
- 11/8/2011 - Union’s Hughes named top volleyball freshman, four honored by TranSouth
- 11/7/2011 - Union volleyball falls in winners bracket match
- 11/7/2011 - Union’s Sprouse passes the 1,000 digs milestone
- 11/7/2011 - Union volleyball wins opening match in conference tourney
- 11/7/2011 - Union’s Sims named volleyball player of the week
- 11/7/2011 - Union volleyball puts six on TranSouth scholar list
- 11/3/2011 - Union’s Sims sets career blocks record on senior night
- 11/3/2011 - Union wins 3-0, Sims sets blocks record on senior night
- 11/2/2011 - Union’s Moroski reaches 2,000 assists mark for career
- 11/1/2011 - Union volleyball snaps skid with 3-1 win at Cumberland
- 10/24/2011 - Elliott grateful for Union community support during breast cancer battle
- 10/20/2011 - Union volleyball drops conference match
- 10/18/2011 - Union volleyball falls 3-0 at Freed-Hardeman
- 10/11/2011 - Union volleyball sweeps Cumberland 3-0
- 10/7/2011 - Union’s Sims reaches 1,000 kills milestone for career
- 10/6/2011 - Union volleyball drops conference match to Freed-Hardeman
- 10/5/2011 - Union University recognized as a Champions of Character Institution by the NAIA
- 10/4/2011 - Union volleyball snaps skid with 3-0 win over Mid-Continent
- 9/30/2011 - Union’s Sims reaches 500 career blocks
- 9/29/2011 - Union volleyball drops non-conference test to Colorado College 3-2
- 9/22/2011 - Union volleyball tops Trevecca Nazarene 3-2
- 9/17/2011 - Rally comes up short as Union volleyball falls at Christian Brothers
- 9/16/2011 - Union volleyball posts 3-0 win over Lyon in home opener
- 9/13/2011 - Union volleyball falls 3-2 at Mid-Continent
- 9/10/2011 - Union volleyball goes 2-2 at Cumberland Classic
- 9/8/2011 - Union volleyball tops Martin Methodist in conference opener
- 8/27/2011 - Union volleyball splits pair of matches on final day of Milligan Tournament
- 8/26/2011 - Union volleyball splits Friday matches at season opening classic
- 8/22/2011 - Union volleyball picked second in TranSouth preseason poll
- 8/12/2011 - Union fall sport schedules released
- 8/3/2011 - Logan joins Union volleyball for 2011
- 8/3/2011 - Union volleyball signs Dickerson for 2011
- 7/29/2011 - Union volleyball signs Deem for 2011
- 7/11/2011 - NCAA approves Union’s application for NCAA Division II membership process
- 4/8/2011 - Union volleyball adds Hoover’s Wainwright
- 1/12/2011 - Union volleyball signs Arkansas standout Hughes
- 1/4/2011 - Union volleyball signs Ravenwood’s Wright for fall 2011
- View All Bulldog News
The Union University volleyball program will begin the 2011
season under the leadership of second-year head coach, Kelly Elliott. Last season Elliott was name the TranSouth Conference Coach of the Year as she led the program to a fifth TranSouth regular season title.
Coach Elliott says, "We come into this season with excitement and anticipation because of the talent and potential. With six returning players and six new additions, we are truly a new team this year. Fans and opponents will see a lot of different looks as we seek to find the right combination on the court with this young team. The 2011 team will have greater depth and will push each other at every position."
Last season’s team posted a 24-9 record overall and a league best 13-1 record in the TranSouth Conference. Union lost three starting seniors to graduation, and return two starters from the 2010 season. Six total returning players for 2011 will join six newcomers to the program.
Three seniors will take the lead as they attempt to stay on top
in the TranSouth. The seniors for Union include Anna Sims, Emmie Moroski and Cassidy O’Hair. Sims returns as a four-year starter for the Lady Bulldogs and was named to the TranSouth first team all-conference last season. Moroski
returns for her second season at Union and was also named first team
all-conference. O’Hair returns for her second season and will be called on to contribute even more in 2011.
The junior class is made up of three players who will see a
significant amount of playing time. Lauren Sprouse returns for her third season and will help solidify Union’s defense. Shelby Swink returns for her third season after playing in 32 matches as a sophomore.
Amanda Deem, a junior college transfer, is a newcomer this year and be expected to contribute right away for the Lady Bulldogs.
The sophomore class is made up of only one player. Jami
Humphries returns for her second season after playing in twelve matches as a freshman. She will be expected to contribute more this season as a sophomore.
The five freshmen that make up the Lady Bulldog roster include
Lydia Wright, Casie Logan, Kami Dickerson, Abbey Wainwright and Savannah Hughes. Wright and Hughes each played on state championship teams in high school, while Wainwright’s
team was a quarterfinalist in the state tournament. This group of young players will get the chance to contribute early and continue the winning tradition that Union has established over the years.
Union will be playing in the final season of NAIA competition
this year as the university has been accepted to begin the NCAA Division II membership process. Union has just seven home games this season, including the home opener on September 16 versus conference foe Lyon (Ark.). Union will start the season in Johnson City, Tenn. at the Milligan College Classic. Union will also play in three other regular season tournaments this season including the Cumberland (Tenn.) Classic, Lindenwood (Mo.) Classic and the Savannah College of
Art Design (Ga.) Classic.