Graduation > Graduation Checklist
Fall (December) 2014 Graduation Checklist
- FILL OUT APPLICATION FOR GRADUATION. FINAL DEADLINE is 9/19/14.
- YOU MUST HAVE HAD A DEGREE AUDIT/GRADUATION CHECKOUT:
- Traditional undergraduates must have had a degree audit. If you have not had a degree audit, you will need to make an appointment with Dr. Dottie Myatt (if teacher licensure) or with the Academic Center (non-licensure).
- Non-traditional/adult study undergraduates and graduate level students are audited within their program administration. Upon filing the graduation application, your audit will be updated and you will be contacted accordingly. Contact your program director if you should have questions.
- ORDER GRADUATION ANNOUNCEMENTS AND CLASS RING - You may order via Josten's website at www.jostens.com or call 1-800-854-7464.
- ORDER CAP AND GOWN - MUST BE ORDERED ON-LINE - www.jostens.com or via the 1-800-854-7464. All regalia will ship directly to your home.
Proper regalia is required for participation. All students must have the proper cap, gown, and tassel. For those receiving a graduate degree, you must have the appropriate hood. Please check your regalia as soon as you receive it.
****NO ORDERS WILL BE TAKEN AT THE BOOKSTORE****
- CHECK WITH DIRECTOR OF TESTING REGARDING THE FOLLOWING:
If seeking teacher licensure, schedule required Praxis II tests. Dr. Dottie Myatt can tell you which ones to take.
- ALL GRADUATES ARE TO BE CLEARED WITH THE BUSINESS OFFICE or your diploma will be held. If your diploma is held due to an account balance, it is your responsibility to let the Academic Center know when your account is clear so that you can make arrangements to pick your diploma up or have it mailed.
- ALL TRADITIONAL UNDERGRADUATES ARE TO BE CLEARED WITH THE CHAPEL FACILITATOR traditional undergraduate students who have been enrolled at Union for six consecutive semesters and have fulfilled chapel requirements are not required to attend chapel during their final two semesters their senior year, BUT MUST SUBMIT A CHAPEL EXEMPTION FORM to the Chapel Facilitator.
- PLACE YOUR RESUME ON FILE IN THE VOCATIO CENTER and fill out the post graduation survey.
- FILE APPLICATION FOR TENNESSEE TEACHERS LICENSE DURING DESIGNATED STUDENT TEACHING SEMINAR.
- ANYONE WHO MUST GRADUATE IN ABSENTIA MUST REQUEST TO DO SO. Complete an
In Absentia Request form letter to the Vice President for Academic Administration stating the reason for the absence and the
option of receiving your diploma. These forms are also available in the Academic Center or from your program director. If you are approved for absentia, your
diploma will be available as you have indicated on the IA form after graduation.
- COMPLETE THE ALUMNI SERVICES INFORMATION FORM.
- NOTE: REMEMBER TO REPORT ANY CHANGES in your original application for graduation to Ryan Griffin or your Program Director
as soon as you aware of them. Also, if for some reason your application for graduation is cancelled it is your responsibility to reapply.
Upcoming Graduation Dates
May 16, 2015, 6:00 p.m.
Jul 25, 2015, 11:00 a.m.
- International Students nearing the completion of their studies should contact their DSO, Pam Whitnell,
at email@example.com if they desire to remain in the United States for a period of Optional Practical Training or
if other visa issues need to be discussed.