and the Departments of Biology, Chemistry,
Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics & Physics.
Tamara Popplewell, Director
Ms. Chris Rowland, Fair Secretary
The 2013 West Tennessee Science and
Engineering Fair will be held
Friday, March 15, 2013
Union University's Fred DeLay Gymnasium
The Awards Ceremony will be held in G.M. Savage Chapel
Union Campus Map
Teacher Workshop will be held on
Friday, September 7, 2012
in the Grant Events Center
2012-13 Teacher Workshop Presentation
Intel's Rules and Guidelines
Check out the Science Buddies website
for Science Fair ideas, answers & tools.
Forms to Submit Reminder
Remember your SRC/IRB
Form is due the first Friday of November: Nov. 2, 2012.
The deadline to turn in
entry forms is February 21, 2013!
Everyone must have:
- Entry fee ($25.00)(checks payable to Union University), entry form (with the principal's signature n the form), Forms 1, 1A, & 1B
- 2 copies of the abstract, the research plan attachment, special category awards form (a part of the entry form), and public relations form (a part of the entry form)
Additional Forms That May Be Required
- Work done at an industrial/institutional setting Form 1C.
- Pathogenic agents/controlled substances - Use forms 2 or 3.
- Human subjects work - forms 4A and 4B.
- Nonhuman vertebrates studies - Use form 5.
- Human and animal tissue work - Use form 6 and perhaps forms 2 and 3.
- Recombinant DNA work - Perhaps forms 2 and 3.
All forms are available at
When in doubt which forms to complete, visit http://apps.societyforscience.org/isef/students/wizard/index.asp
NOTE: Society for Science and the Public no longer prints rulebooks. Only pdf files are available for download from the website.
However, WTRSEF has printed a few copies, available upon request.
For More Information
If you'd like to learn about the West
Tennessee Regional Science and Engineering Fair,
please email Tamara Popplewell (firstname.lastname@example.org), 731-661-5259.
If you have any questions about the feasibility of a
please call Dr. Michael Salazar at (731)-661-5260.
Would you like to sponsor an award for WTRSF?
Contact Dr. Randy Schwindt at (731) 661-5594
Would you like to be a judge for WTRSF?
Contact Dr. David Ward at (731)-661-5241