Re-Entry Information for F-1 Students
F-1 students are allowed to travel inside and outside the United States while studying at Union University. Any F-1 international student who wishes to travel outside the United States must complete the following steps before their trip:
- Notify International Student Advisor of plans to travel no less than one month before departure date
- Complete Horizon's Travel Registry 'Side Trip' Application with trip details
- Bring Form I-20 to International Student Advisor for signature of endorsement of travel
- Bring and carry the following REQUIRED documents for re entry to U.S:
- A valid passport: must be valid up to 6 months into the future
- A valid F-1 visa: unexpired, valid stamp for future entries into the United States
- A Form I-20 properly endorsed for travel by the DSO: A DSO signature on Form I-20 is valid for one year, though an updated signature is suggested prior to travel. When properly endorsed, the student's I-20 will be used for re-entry for the student to attend the same school after a temporary absence from the United States.
- I-94: Card will be picked up prior to departure and you will complete a new one upon reentry. Upon entry to the U.S., a custom officer at the port-of-entry will issue an I-94 card to you that will indicate the date of entry and grant you F-1 status, for duration of status (F-1 for D/S). If your I-94 card indicates anything other than F-1, contact Emily Harper (DSO/International Student Advisor) immediately upon return.
Additional documents that are SUGGESTED by USCIS for re entry:
- Proof of Enrollment: can be a transcript or registration record (FREE at Union Station)
- Financial Information: showing proof of necessary funds to cover tuition and living expenses ( documentation of funding source, maybe personal or family bank statements, affidavits of support)
- Name and Contact Information of current DSO: Emily Harper, 731-661-5031, firstname.lastname@example.org