We're thankful you're working with us at Union University! This email contains resources you'll find helpful, regardless of your University role or location.
In this New-Employee Edition of TechBrief, you'll learn where to get:
- answers to common technical questions
- help when you have a technical problem
- access to your classes' online resources, UU email, pay/tax information, university-wide communications
- tips for a safe and secure online experience
- software at great discounts!
Be sure to bookmark these sites. You'll use them often.
Change your Union password now if you haven't already changed it.
Keep your password private - never share it.
One stop for all your technology questions
Union University's website www.uu.edu/it provides information about all technology resources provided by Information Technology (IT).
Quick Links found on most pages in the site allow you to change your password, learn about mobile-device support, get help or learn more about UU IT. The Employee FAQs link answers many questions including:
- How do I connect my phone/tablet to my official Union email account?
- Where can I find the Union email address of a student or employee?
- How do I view my pay stub (pay advice)? enter grades? view departmental budgets?
- What do I need to know about acceptable use of technology at Union?
Below Quick Links, expand the tan Employee Resources section for information and access to commonly needed sites.
The IT website is a great resource when you have questions in the future about the portal (explained below), course content that's online in Union's Moodlerooms site, file storage and more.
Need IT help? Use QuickIT!
You can request help you need, right from your computer or mobile device.
QuickIT makes getting help from IT simple and quick. Email
using your @uu.edu email address, call us at 731-661-HELP (4357) or sign in at ithelp.uu.edu using your @uu.edu email address. These links and phone number are listed in the Quick Links section at www.uu.edu/it
Learn more about QuickIT and the information we'll need when you contact us.
Employee resources unified in the Portal
Using your laptop, tablet or desktop, go to portal.uu.edu and sign in for secure access to many Union resources and services:
- your Moodlerooms classes (My Classes)
- your pay stub (pay advice), tax statements, departmental budget status, students' records/grades (WebAdvisor)
- your calendar and @uu.edu email
- Union announcements, events, news
- E-nnouncements (announcements from departments)
- UNews, Cardinal & Cream (student-produced news sources)
- student/employee pictures and contacts (red menu bar: UU Resources)
- UU Bookmarks
- social media links
View sign-in details and preferred browsers. Learn about portal content.
After you sign into portal.uu.edu, use the red Help menu to get more answers.
The portal is available exclusively to current employees and students.
Who's protecting your information and your devices? You!
Union University is an official member of STOP. THINK. CONNECT., a national initiative promoting best practices for internet use.
STOP - Before using the internet, take time to understand the risks and learn how to spot potential problems.
THINK - How could your actions online impact you, your family or the University? Where is that link going? Is that email really from someone you know? What are the risks of a wireless network?
CONNECT - Enjoy the internet with confidence, knowing you've taken the right steps to safeguard yourself, your information and your devices.
Learn more at:
Join the STOP. THINK. CONNECT. conversation at facebook.com/stopthinkconnect or twitter.com/stopthnkconnect
STOP. THINK. CONNECT. is a joint initiative between the Anti-Phishing Working Group (APWG) and the National Cyber Security Alliance (NCSA). The U.S. Department of Homeland Security provides the US Government's leadership for the campaign.
Discounted software for home use
Union University partners with OnTheHub to provide a convenient way to purchase and download academically-discounted software for your personally-owned laptops and computers.
Select from a variety of software titles including Microsoft Office (Windows or Mac), Windows, SPSS and more. Most prices are under $100, with some as low as $20!
Download software immediately to your laptop or home computer from uu.OnTheHub.com or choose to order a DVD copy. Best of all, you'll have access to academic software at prices you won't find elsewhere.
For complete details and a link to helpful frequently asked questions, visit our
Software Purchasing information page.
This page also lists other sources for free or discipline-specific software.
After you've reviewed the information described above, you may still have questions. Feel free to contact the Union IT Help Desk now!
- firstname.lastname@example.org (Send your message from your @uu.edu email address)
- ithelp.uu.edu (Sign in with your @uu.edu email address)
- Visit us in Penick D-22 on the Jackson campus
Don't forget - bookmark www.uu.edu/it and portal.uu.edu today! These sites are your links to all public and private IT resources at Union University.
View past issues of TechBrief