Bachman crowned 2006 homecoming queen
The 2006 Union homecoming court, from left: freshman Kelly Northam, junior Lindsey Abell, senior Kathleen Lokey, senior Kari Bachman, senior Brooke Fowler and senior Annie Ross. Not pictured is sophomore Candace Cross. (Photo by Morris Abernathy)
JACKSON, Tenn. – Feb. 27, 2006 – Kari Bachman, a senior nursing major from Louisville, Ky., was crowned as Union University’s 2006 homecoming queen Feb. 25.
Bachman is the daughter of Steve and Teresa Bachman and is planning a career in trauma and intensive care. While at Union, Bachman has been a member of Chi Omega, the Student Nurses Association, the Baptist Student Nursing Association and the women’s varsity soccer team.
Other homecoming court attendants were:
- Senior Kathleen Lokey, a social work major from Columbia, Tenn., who is the daughter of Mike and Deb Lokey.
- Senior Brooke Fowler, a biology major from Jackson, Tenn., who is the daughter of Rex and Glenda Fowler.
- Senior Annie Ross, a social work major from Anna, Ill., who is the daughter of Darrell and Darlene Ross.
- Junior Lindsey Abell, a learning foundations major from St. Louis, Mo., who is the daughter of Charles Abell and Mary Abell.
- Sophomore Candace Cross, a nursing major from Lebanon, Tenn., who is the daughter of Corky and Jackie Cross.
- Freshman Kelly Northam, an undecided major from Houston, Texas, who is the daughter of Bruce and Connie Northam.
In addition to the homecoming court, seniors Nathan Michael and Ross were named Mr. and Miss Union. Michael, from Bloomington, Ill., is double majoring in Spanish and biblical languages and is the son of Doug and Sarah Michael.