About Union University
Union University is a private, four-year, coeducational liberal arts-based university offering bachelor's, master's and doctoral degrees. Founded in 1823, Union is the oldest institution affiliated with Southern Baptist life.
- U.S.News & World Report ranks Union 15th among regional universities in the South, and Union has been classified as a Top Tier institution each year since 1997.
- Princeton Review ranks Union among the top schools in the Southeast.
- America's 100 Best College Buys ranks Union among schools offer ing the best education for the dollar based upon academic performance indicators and comparative costs.
- The President's Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll has named Union to the list in each of the years it has been compiled.
- College Access and Opportunity Guide listed Union among 284 U.S. colleges "committed to serving and supporting today's first-generation, low-income and traditionally underserved college-bound students." Union is one of only four Tennessee institutions so honored.
- Colleges of Distinction has named Union among schools that exhibit four distinctives of superior colleges and universities: engaged students, great teaching, vibrant communities and successful outcomes.
- Templeton Foundation lists Union in its guide entitled Colleges that Encourage Character Development.
- Chronicle of Higher Education chose 30 four-year institutions nationwide for its honor roll of Great Colleges to Work For. Union not only made that list, but was also among only three schools to be recognized in 11 separate rating categories.