Students Seeking Positions
The Vocatio Center for Life Calling and Career is excited to assist you with your professional development needs as you seek vocational ministry opportunities. Below you will find the policies and procedures you should follow to receive individualized preparation as well as referral to the Office of Church Relations for ministerial opportunities.
- Contact Ms. Esperanza Aguilar to schedule an appointment by e-mailing her at email@example.com (Subject Line: Request for Initial Intake and Résumé Critique_Your Name)
- Create a draft of your résumé. See "Your Guide to Ministerial Résumés" on the Vocatio Center for Life Calling and Career website.
You will find instructions and ministerial résumé samples to assist in creating your résumé.
- Meet with Mr. Ben Burleson to complete an intake interview and initial résumé critique.
- If you are a junior or senior, your résumé will be finalized with Mrs. Jacqueline Taylor, Assistant Dean of Students/Director, or Mrs. Reneé Jones, Associate Director. Please schedule an appointment by contacting Sarah Stinson at firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject Line: Final Ministerial Résumé Critique_Your Name).
- For pastoral ministry positions, it is recommended that you create a philosophy of pastoral ministry that shares your thoughts on the purpose and goal of pastoral ministry
and how its work should be carried out. See "Your Guide to Ministerial Résumés" on the
Vocatio Center for Life Calling and Career website. You will find instructions and a sample philosophy of pastoral ministry to assist in creating your own philosophy statement.
It is our recommendation that you consult a faculty member within the School of Theology and Missions for initial guidance.
- Schedule a mini-mock interview to prepare for an internship opportunity, or schedule a full-mock interview to hone your interviewing skills for a full-time ministerial opportunity.
- If you are applying to seminary, schedule an appointment with the Vocatio Center for Life Calling and Career to have your application materials critiqued.
- Submit your finalized résumé to email@example.com to be uploaded to our Online Résumé Database for church employer review and to assist Mr. Joshua Moore with recommendations.