- Admissions (Traditional BSN & LPN-BSN):
Office of Undergraduate Admissions, firstname.lastname@example.org, 731-661-5100
- Admissions (Accelerated BSN & RN-BSN):
Purpose of Program
To prepare competent professional nurses who provide caring therapeutic interventions to meet the health needs of culturally diverse persons.
Mission Statement of Program
To be excellence-driven, Christ-centered, people-focused, and future-directed while preparing qualified individuals for a career in the caring, therapeutic, and teaching profession of nursing.
Program Goals of the Baccalaureate Program
- Provide baccalaureate nursing education within a liberal arts framework with is excellence-driven and which provides opportunity for the development of the total personality - spiritual, psychological, sociocultural and professional.
- Prepare the graduate for entry into the professional nursing as a generalist.
- Provide preparation in baccalaureate nursing that serves as a basis for entry into graduate level nursing education.
Expected Student Outcomes for Baccalaureate Program
The graduate of the baccalaureate nursing program will be able to:
- Explain, support, and defend the concept that each person is unique and wholistic and has rights to self determination in matters pertaining to health.
- Synthesize the nursing process to assist diverse persons toward meeting basic needs in various settings.
- Assimilate the professional nurse’s role of advocate, communicator, counselor, change agent, teacher, leader, and provider and manager of care to assist the client toward optimum level of wellness.
- Communicate effectively in interpersonal relationships with individuals and families, with other members of the healthcare system, and in documentation of data.
- Use critical thinking skills to integrate theoretical and empirical knowledge from nursing, the humanities, and the biologic and social sciences in the promotion of health.
- Utilize the research process and use findings in nursing practice to contribute to the improvement of healthcare and the advancement of nursing science.
- Assume legal and ethical responsibility for nursing activities and accountability for professional growth.
- Appraise own personal growth and actions based on Christian values.