Post-Master's DNP Program
Post-Master's DNP > MBA option with DNP Track
Students enrolled in the DNP program may be dual enrolled in the Master of Business Administration (MBA) program. The MBA program in the McAfee School of Business Administration at Union University is a 48 credit hour program that is offered in a traditional classroom setting one night per week on the Jackson and Germantown Campuses. Twelve credit hours from the DNP program apply towards the 48 credit hour MBA program.
The ability to serve as an executive leader within the hospital or academic setting requires a breadth of knowledge and skills that encompasses several disciplines. To prepare future nursing leaders for these high profile positions within hospitals or academic institutions, this track offers the nurse the opportunity to serve along side leaders of healthcare or academic institutions in gaining the knowledge, skills, and wisdom needed to lead healthcare institutions in the future. The student will strengthen their understanding of the profession of nursing while gaining business principles to support the future leadership role.
Am I Eligible?
- Cummulative GPA minimum 3.0 on a 4.0 scale for graduate coursework
- Completed Bachelor of Science degree, preferably in nursing, from an accredited program
- Completed Master's degree in Nursing from an accredited program. Degrees other than MSN may be considered but may require additional coursework prior to enrollment
- Current unencumbered RN and APN licensure (if applicable) in state of residence
- Eligible for licensure as RN and/or APN in Tennessee
- Current National Certification for NP or Nurse Anesthesia track
- If not a US Citizen, applicants must complete the International Student application, TOEFL, and have international transcripts evaluated through World Education Services
- Three letters of professional/academic reference specifying the applicant's capabilities for doctoral study (one letter of reference must be from current supervisor)
- Statement of past clinical and/or work experiences, scholarly activities and com-munity service that supports one's future goals in obtaining a practice doctorate
- GRE and GMAT not required
Delivery of Academic Program
- Each MBA class is one night per week for eight weeks on the Jackson or Germantown campus
- All application documents must be received by the deadline of March 1st
|Prerequisite courses (self-paced and online):|
|PMBA 500||Foundations of Accounting||3|
|PMBA 501||Foundations of Economics||3|
|PMBA 502||Foundations of Management||3|
|PMBA 503||Foundations of Business Statistics||3|
|MBA 610||Managerial Economics||3|
|MBA 612||Managerial Accounting||3|
|MBA 620||Ethical Management||3|
|MBA 625||Managerial Finance||3|
|MBA 628||Strategic Marketing||3|
|MBA 642||Business Policy and Strategic Management||3|
|MBA 648||Human Behavior in Organizations||3|
|MBA 653||Production Operations Management||3|
|Nursing Electives (hours from the DNP program applied to the MBA degree)||12|
|Total Credit Hours||36|
- Admissions: email@example.com, 731-661-6545, Fax: 731-661-5504
- Request More Information
Graduate Admissions Checklist for the Post-Master's DNP
- Application: All non-traditional nursing students must complete the Union University School of Nursing's applications only. You are not required to apply to the university separately. NursingCAS AND Supplemental Application Packet (.pdf)
- Personal Statement: Complete the personal statement found on NursingCAS.
Please provide a statement of professional goals. Topics to be included are:
- Your reasons for seeking a clinical doctorate
- Your plans to use this degree to transform your practice and the profession of nursing
- A problem statement reflective of an issue in your practice you have identified as an opportunity for a practice inquiry project
- How you have prepared for success in this program
- Application Fee: The application fee is $50 and is non-refundable. You have the option to pay online by credit card. You may also pay by check or money order with your paper application. The NursingCAS application fee is $65 and is non-refundable. You have the option to pay online via the NursingCAS website.
- Transcripts: Official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions must be submitted directly through NursingCAS. Please do not send transcripts for non-traditional nursing programs to Undergraduate Admissions. Transcripts must be received in a sealed envelope from previous academic institutions attended. Official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions must be sent to:
P.O. Box 9201
Watertown, MA 02471
- Letters of Recommendation: Three letters of professional/academic reference specifying the applicant's capabilities for graduate study to include one letter of reference from the current supervisor. Letter of Recommendation forms are a part of the NuringCAS application.
- Provide proof of BSN degree completion, if applicable.
- Provide proof of current RN Licensure.
- Provide proof of Undergraduate Statistics.
- Submission of a Curriculum Vitae.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered for admission. All application documents must be received prior to the application deadlines. Incomplete applications will be considered ineligible for admission.
*Please allow 2-4 weeks after application packet has been submitted to be received in the Office of Admissions and up to 2 weeks to process application. Applicant will be notified by email when application has been processed.
*Upon acceptance into the program, the following items must be completed:
- Current CPR Health Care Provider Certification
- Immunization Records
- Clear urine drug screen
- Clear criminal background check