Master of Science in Nursing > Post-Master's Education Track
Post-Master's Education Track
As the acuity level of the patient in the hospital continues to increase, professional nurses in leadership roles are being encouraged to establish avenues to enhance the knowledge of the nursing support staff and provide avenues of nursing care in promoting the optimum wellness of the patient For this reason, Union University offers a post-master's certificate in nursing education for professional nurses to gain the valuable knowledge of serving as an educator in a variety of settings, including staff development, patient education, and in schools and colleges.
- Proof of unencumbered RN license
- Previously earned Master of Science in Nursing degree
- Last 60 hours GPA 3.0
- Cumulative science GPA (Anatomy and Physiology 1 and 2, statistics) of 3.0 on 4.0 scale
- Union University School of Nursing application with $50 application fee
- Official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions
- Three letters of professional/academic reference specifying the applicants capabilities for graduate study. One letter of reference must be from the applicant's immediate supervisor.
- Case study during the interview process
2014-2015 Tuition Rates
Demonstrate evidence in earned MSN degree or complete the following MSN courses:
||Advanced Nursing Statistics for the Health Sciences
||Theory and Ethics for Advanced Nursing Practice
||Advanced Nursing Research and Evidence-Based Practice
||Clinical Prevention and Population Health
||Health Systems and Leadership for Advanced Nursing Practice
||Informatics and Healthcare
||Role Development and Collaborative Strategies in Advanced Nursing Practice
Nursing Education specialty courses:
||Advanced Health Assessment (40 lab hours)
||Nursing Education Practicum I (60 Clinical Hours)
||Educational Strategies in Advanced Practice Nursing
||Clinical Strategies for Nurse Educators (160 Clinical Hours)
||Educational Assessment and Evaluation Processes
||Nursing Education Residency (160 Clinical Hours)
Total Credit Hours: 24
Total Clinical Hours: 380
Graduate Admissions Checklist
- All non-traditional nursing students must complete the Union University School of Nursing's applications only.
You are not required to apply to the university separately.
MSN Graduate Application (.pdf)
- If you are not a U.S. citizen, an international application (.pdf) must be completed and submitted with your
MSN Graduate Application (.pdf).
All international transcripts must be evaluated by an accredited evaluating agency found at the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services' website:
- Personal Statement:
Please provide a statement of professional goals. Topics to be included are:
- Why you wish to become a Nurse Anesthetist, Nurse Practitioner, Nurse Educator, or Nurse Administrator/Leader
- What you plan to do with this degree, including long term goals
- How you have prepared for success in this program
- Application Fee: The application fee is $50 and is non-refundable.
You have the option to pay online by credit card.
You may also pay by check or money order with your paper application.
- Transcripts: Official Transcripts from ALL colleges attended. (Official means they are received at Union University in a sealed envelope from the college you attended).
We will accept official transcripts sent electronically through eSCRIP-SAFE.
If you attended an international college, you will need to have those transcripts evaluated by one of the agencies found on www.naces.org.
- Letters of Recommendation: Three letters of professional/academic reference specifying the applicant's capabilities for graduate study to include one letter of reference
from the current supervisor. Letter of Recommendation forms are a part of the Union University Graduate Studies Application.
- Provide proof of BSN degree completion, if applicable.
- Provide proof of current RN Licensure.
- Provide proof of Undergraduate Statistics.
- Submission of a Curriculum Vitae.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered for admission. All application documents must be received prior to the application deadlines. Incomplete applications will be considered ineligible for admission.
*Please allow 2-4 weeks after application packet has been submitted to be received in the Office of Admissions and up to 2 weeks to process application. Applicant will be notified by email when application has been processed.
*Upon acceptance into the program, the following items must be completed:
- Current CPR Health Care Provider Certification
- Immunization Records
- Clear urine drug screen
- Clear criminal background check