Whether you are preparing for ministry, planning to teach, or simply seeking to deepen your knowledge of God and His Word, the School of Theology and Missions at Union University will help you reach your goals.
A committed and talented faculty will help you grow in your faith while deepening your understanding of what it means to think biblically and Christianly.
With significant personal attention, Theology and Missions professors invest in your life and ministry, preparing you to be a change agent who is advancing the kingdom of God in the world.
Union’s School of Theology and Missions has gained national recognition as one of the top undergraduate programs in the nation, boasting:
- Over the past 15 years, the School of Theology and Missions has grown from approximately 70 students and 6 faculty members, to approximately 150 students (majors & minors) and 13 full-time professors.
- The School of Theology and Missions offers a wide variety of majors, including, a general major called "Christian Studies," Biblical Studies-Languages, Christian Thought and Tradition, Christian Ministry and Missions, and Philosophy.
- The School of Theology and Missions has one of the strongest biblical languages programs in the country, with approximately 100 students per year taking Greek and/or Hebrew.
- The School of Theology and Missions has professors who integrate great teaching, a deep commitment to Christ, ministry in the local church, and outstanding scholarship. They give personal attention to their students, at times having students in their homes for fellowship and ministry.
- The Ryan Center for Biblical Studies is a model library designed to teach our students how to study the Bible with the best tools available.
- Our professors are outstanding scholars who have written over 40 books, many of which are used as textbooks by other universities and seminaries.
- Our professors are outstanding teachers. School of Theology and Missions professors have won the Faculty of the Year Award at Union five times in the past decade or so.
- Professors from the School of Theology and Missions have their doctorates from a wide variety of schools, including Oxford University, Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary, Southern Baptist Theological Seminary, New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary, Baylor University, University of Tennessee, St. Andrews' University (Scotland), Union Theological Seminary (Virginia), University of Aberdeen (Scotland), Golden Gate Baptist Theological Seminary, and Princeton Theological Seminary.
- We have an impressive record of placing students in good graduate schools and seminaries, and many of our students have gone on to effective ministries.
- The School of Theology and Missions regularly hosts leading guest lecturers in philosophy, art, and biblical studies
In short, we are a teaching body of ministers, seeking to advance the kingdom of God in the lives of our students and through our writings. How can we serve you today?