Peer-Reviewed Journal Article(s)
- "The Old Beech Tree (poem),"
Portals: Stories and Poems by Tennessee Writers. (December 2009)
- "Guest Reader"
Isaac Lane Elementary School / Third Grade. Jackson, TN
- "Close Reading"
Southwest Core Common Core Training. Jackson, TN
(with Dr. Nancy Cherry)
Tipton-Rosemark Academy / In-service. Memphis, TN
- "Writing in the Age of Common Core"
Montessori School at Bemis / In-service. Jackson, TN
- "Close Reading, Vocabulary, Writing--Common Core for Henry County"
Henry County Schools / In-service. Henry, TN
- "Literacy and the Common Core"
West Miiddle School / In-service. Denmark, TN
- "Follow-up to Literacy Through the Common Core Lens"
Northeast Middle School / In-service . Jackson, TN
- "Introduction to Common Core"
Professional Development Training, SOE Union University. Jackson/Germantown, TN
- "Introduction to Common Core State Standards"
Trinity Christian Academy's Winter Workshop. Jackson, TN
- "Literacy Through the Common Core Lens"
Northeast Middle School/In-service. Jackson, TN
- "Reading, Vocabulary, and Writing Strategies in the Content Areas"
In-service Training / E. W. Grove School. Paris, TN
- "Teaching Literacy to Screenagers"
Teaching Literacy to Screenagers (Jackson-Central Merry Academy of Medical Technology). Jackson, TN
- "Differentiated Instruction"
Differentiated Instruction (LaGrange Moscow Elementary School). LaGrange,
- "Differentiation in the CTE Classroom"
Professional Development, Hardeman County Career Technical Education (CTE)Teachers. Bolivar, TN
- "Classroom Management the Union University Way"
Union University Student Teacher Seminar. Jackson, TN
- "Whitespace in the Classroom"
Michelle W. Atkins
International Society for Exploring Teaching and Learning (ISETL). Philadelphia, PA
- "Block Scheduling and Writing Activites for the CTE Classroom"
Hardeman County CTE In-Service. Bolivar, TN
- "Reflection: A Key to Developing Effective Professors"
Michelle W. Atkins
The Teaching Professor. Washington, DC
- "Come, Listen, and Learn: Sharing Our Stories"
West Middle School Professional Development. Jackson, TN
- "Reflection: A Key to Developing Effective Teachers"
Michelle W. Atkins
Annual Conference of the International Society for Exploring Teaching and Learning (ISETL). Las Vegas, NV
- "Beyond Comprehension: Assessment ot Improve Teaching and Learning"
Michelle W. Atkins
Making An Impact Conference: Kennesaw State, Atlanta. Atlanta, GA
- "Multiple Intelligences"
Scotts Hill Elementary School Professional Development. Scotts Hill, TN
- "Writing By and For Boys"
Lifelines for Teachers. Jackson, TN
- "Reading Strategies for Science and Social Studies"
Jackson-Madison CountySchool District Professional Developement. Jackson, TN
- "Differentiation for Inclusion in General Education Classrooms"
Tennessee Council for Exceptional Children. Memphis, TN
- "Professional Development"
Weakley County School System.
- "How Are You Smart? Utilizing the Theory of Multiple Intelligences in the Classroom"
Jackson Christian School.
Dottie L. Myatt
West Tennessee at LifeLines for Teachers, P-12.
- "Reading Across the Curriculum"
Henderson County School System.
- "Reading in the Content Areas"
Henderson County In-Service Training.
- "The Internet in the English Classroom"
Jackson Madison County Secondary English Teachers In-Service.
- "Reading, Writing, and Children's Literature"
Beech Bluff Elementary School In-Service.
- "6-Trait Writing Assessment Training"
Dyersburg Professional Center.
- Distinguished Higher Education Award
This award is presented to a faculty member from higher education in recognition of outstanding achievement and exemplary service by the Tennessee Education Association., 2004
- "The Portfolio: Attitudinal Changes of Students in a Twelfth-Grade English Class"
at University of Memphis
- "Perceptions of Career Technical Education by Middle School and High School Counselors and the Effect of these Perceptions on Student Choice of Career "
(December 2009) by Kathy Finlayson for the Ed.D.
- "Evaluating The Effectiveness of Professional Development in Tennessee Schools Using Teachers' Perceptions and Adequate Yearly Progress"
(August 2009) by Shelia O'Briant for the Ed.D.
- "The Effect of Teacher Participation in the Gateway Institute of Algebra on Student Academic Achievement"
(August 2008) by Melinda Broyles for the Ed.D.
- "Variables Affecting the Recruitment and Retention of Male Primary and Secondary Teachers"
(August 2008) by Stephen Warren for the Ed.D.
- "The Effect of Dialect Produced by Typically Developing African American Elementary Students on Phonological Awareness and Its Implications for Readng"
(August 2007) by Amy Harris for the Ed.D.
- "Methods of Teacher Evaluation and Their Effect on Student Achievement"
(August 2007) by Bryan Williams for the Ed.D.
- "Relationships Between Professional Teacher Characteristics and Academic Achievement of Middle School Science Students"
(May 2005) by Becky Cox for the Ed.D.
- "Tennessee Schools Systems and Public Relations Programs: A Multivariate Approach"
(May 2005) by George Scott for the Ed.D.
- "The Relationship of Student-Reported Teacher Effectiveness and End of Course Outcomes in Developmental Reading at the Community College Level"
(August 2004) by Charles Clark for the Ed.D.
- "The Effects of Characteristics and Practices of Third Grade Reading Teachers on Student Reading Performance"
(August 2004) by Sherry Freeman for the Ed.D.
Search by Type
Title Search by Keyword
Search by Date
Search Google Scholar