Jefferson Street Baptist Center is a non-profit ministry that exists to extend gospel-centered mercy to the homeless and hurting of the greater Louisville, KY area. Since 1888, JSBC has been operating a variety of Christian ministries to meet the physical and spiritual needs of men and women recovering from homelessness, crisis and addiction.
The Physical Donations Coordinator Intern will support JSBC by working with the Leadership Team to assess donation needs, contacting potential physical goods donors, answering phone calls related to physical goods donations, scheduling pickups, thanking donors, and performing administrative activities that will help increase efficiency. This internship will provide hands on experience and will help forge invaluable relationships with individuals interested in donating to JSBC.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
-Assess JSBC’s donation needs in conjunction with Leadership Team
- Contact potential donors through personal visits, phone calls, letters and email
- Answer phone calls related to physical donations
- Schedule pickups with donors
- Arrange vehicles and volunteers needed for picks
- Thank donors by phone, letter and email
- Track donor information
- Streamline physical donation process
- Maintain strong communication with Leadership Team
- Work with Development Committee
- Create and maintain a project and content calendar
- 2 Years of College (or equivalent)
- Demonstrated excellence in communication skills
- Comfortable approaching strangers/new contacts to request donations
- Positive, “can-do” attitude, flexibility, teamwork, and attention to detail; high degree of initiative
- Ability to multi-task and have many details in progress at once
- High standard of excellence in work
- Friendly and conversational
- GPA at least 3.0
- Must be detail oriented, team player and technologically savvy
- Fast Learner
- Passionate about the mission and vision of JSBC
As an employee of Jefferson Street Baptist Center, the Advance Louisville Director is an important member of the ministry. All staff members are considered Christian missionaries and therefore because of the nature of the ministry it is an absolute necessity that all staff members possess and maintain a testimony and lifestyle that is above reproach.
This is a position requiring 40-45 hours each week. Interns are expected to make a 3 month, 6 month or 12 month commitment to this position.
Fundraising & Compensation:
This is a fundraised position with a monthly financial need of $800 before any personal expenses. Interns will be provided with furnished housing including utilities covered, all meals while on duty and an additional financial stipend to cover personal groceries, gas and other expenses. Interns making a 12 month commitment will also receive health insurance. Intern must be willing to request financial support from friends and family. Intern will be expected to follow all fundraising steps as outlined in JSBC’s Guide to Fundraising.