Jefferson Street Baptist Center is a non-profit ministry that exists to extend gospel-centered mercy to the homeless and hurting of the greater Louisville, KY area. Since 1888, JSBC has been operating a variety of Christian ministries to meet the physical and spiritual needs of men and women recovering from homelessness, crisis and addiction.
The Communications Coordinator Intern at JSBC will be instrumental in broadcasting the mission, vision, needs and stories of JSBC through media. The Communications Coordinator Intern will work with senior leadership to develop and implement communication strategies to broaden the impact of JSBC’s ministries and oversee organizational messaging.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and execute JSBC’s media plan
- Create effective media tools
- Maintain strong communication with Leadership Team
- Work with Development Committee
- Create and maintain a project and content calendar
- Aggregate and/or create website content (sometimes including media, whether done personally or through volunteers)
- Communicate exciting social media news (internal and external)
- Schedule and conduct interviews for media (audio or video)
- Monitor and engage on various social media platforms
- Put together bi-weekly newsletter/e-mail blasts in iContact
- Internet research to find and engage with social media communications
- Update website, as needed
- Track website statistics
- 2 Years of College (or equivalent) or at least two years of mass communications experience
- Demonstrated excellence in organization, managerial and communication skills
- Positive, "can do" attitude, teamwork, and attention to detail; high degree of initiative
- Ability to multi-task and have many details in progress at once
- Creative, standard of excellence in artistic endeavors
- Familiar with Wordpress
- Familiar with Twitter and Facebook
- Friendly and conversational
- GPA at least 3.0
- Must be detail oriented, team player and technologically savvy
- Fast Learner
- Passionate about storytelling
- General knowledge of video a plus, but not essential: filming, lighting, sound, editing, mixing, rendering, etc.
- General knowledge of audio a plus, but not essential: recording techniques, editing, mixing, mastering, etc.
- General knowledge of Adobe Suite a plus, but not essential: Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.
As an employee of Jefferson Street Baptist Center, the Advance Louisville Director is an important member of the ministry. All staff members are considered Christian missionaries and therefore because of the nature of the ministry it is an absolute necessity that all staff members possess and maintain a testimony and lifestyle that is above reproach.
This is a position requiring 40-45 hours each week. Interns are expected to make a 3 month, 6 month or 12 month commitment to this position.
Fundraising & Compensation:
This is a fundraised position with a monthly financial need of $800 before any personal expenses. Interns will be provided with furnished housing including utilities covered, all meals while on duty and an additional financial stipend to cover personal groceries, gas and other expenses. Interns making a 12 month commitment will also receive health insurance. Intern must be willing to request financial support from friends and family. Intern will be expected to follow all fundraising steps as outlined in JSBC’s Guide to Fundraising.