Meet The Female Quads Resident Advisor Staff
Rachel Harkins ‘13
Resident Staff Advisor
- Major: Intercultural Studies
- Favorite Res Life Memory: One of my favorite Res Life memories was learning how to use the fire extinguisher. Enough said about that.
- What I’m all about: I love pretty much anything that has to do with music and my friends. Also, the Lord has placed an interest in me to help with the widespread issue of human trafficking and I am learning what I can about the issue while seeking God's plan for each step I take.
- What the residents of my building can expect this year: The RAs can expect to be spending some one-on-one time with me as well as having lots of fun serving the student body alongside one another. This year is going to be awesome!
Melanie Arias ‘14
Resident Advisor, Ayers 1
- Major: Social work, music minor
- Favorite Res Life Memory: Dressing up like the the bell tower and campus security with some friends for the Res-Life Halloween Party.
- What I’m all about: Building/Team Unity, Making fun memories, Encouragement
- What the residents of my building can expect this year: My residents can expect to have a lot of Ayers 1 pride! I plan on making an Ayers 1 Facebook page with frequent updates on Res-Life organized events, Union sports events, Sac events and more so we can go and get to know each other better. They can also expect me to ask them on lunch, dinner or coffee dates in hopes of intentionally investing in their spiritual lives. Through this opportunity, I am excited to learn from and hopefully become friends with the many wonderful women who will be in my building. But ultimately, get ready to be silly, have fun and learn more about yourself this upcoming year in Ayers 1!
Raenan Arnold ‘13
Resident Advisor, Hope 3
- Major: Nursing
- Favorite Res Life Memory: My favorite residence life memory would have to be drenching my RA with five buckets of water to celebrate my Thai holiday and entering into a week-long water fight between her room and mine!
- What I’m all about: I am easy-going, energetic and a follower of Christ with an incredible passion for international emergency relief. Growing up in Thailand was an experience that I would not change for the world and cannot wait for the day when I can return. I love to spending time with my insane friends, going on spontaneous road trips, white water rafting in the gorgeous mountains of Colorado... but not as much as I love studying for nursing school! :)
- What the residents of my building can expect this year: To never feel alone, and always know that they have someone to talk to and somewhere to go. It is my hope to create a fun, welcoming, and friendly environment where they can feel at home away from home.
Ashley Beck ‘15
Resident Advisor, Hurt 2
- Major: Art and Psychology
- Favorite Res Life Memory: Progressive snacking!
- What I’m all about: Making the most of my experience at Union through my love of art, people, and Christ.
- What the residents of my building can expect this year: A "round-the-clock" friend who is there to talk, listen, or hang.
Amiee Brassart ‘14
Resident Advisor, Grace 3
- Major: Elementary Education
- Favorite Res Life Memory: One of my favorite memories has been getting to know the Residence Life Staff through various activities.
- What I’m all about: I LOVE life! I am passionate about finding adventure, loving Christ with all my heart, and painting the town with the color yellow than just red!
- What the residents of my building can expect this year: I hope that my residents will come hang out in room 533. We are always up to something fun, crazy, silly, and maybe a little bit sneaky! I am ready to be there when I am needed!
Madelyn Carson ‘14
Resident Advisor, Ayers 4
- Major: Vocal Music Education
- Favorite Res Life Memory: Slip-n-sliding when it was 50 degrees outside!
- What I’m all about: Everything crazy from camping, finding adventures, playing outside to all things relaxing like singing, crocheting, and crafting.
- What the residents of my building can expect this year: Fun filled surprises and some love from your sister in Christ :)
Julia Marshall ‘13
Resident Advisor, Hurt 3
- Major: Special Education
- Favorite Res Life Memory: Going to my house in St.Louis with the girls quad RA's.
- What I’m all about: The gospel. Having fun. Building relationships. Scooter rides. Eating donuts.
- What the residents of my building can expect this year: Crazy fun times. Also, lots of cookies and donuts.
Jill Miller ‘14
Resident Advisor, Hope 1
- Major: Psychology and Public Relations
- Favorite Res Life Memory: I made my Halloween costume freshman year. It took forever to make, but I won 3rd place in the costume contest at the Heritage Halloween party.
- What I’m all about: I'm all about having faith and bringing joy to others, spending time with my friends, movie nights, reading, laughing into the early morning hours, and joking around...and school, of course.
- What the residents of my building can expect this year: We're a community, so I want our building to be a place of encouraging times, fun, friendship, support, and maybe a few fun pranks along the way.
Kelly Rawls ‘14
Resident Advisor, Grace 2
- Major: Elementary Education
- Favorite Res Life Memory: Having a FREE massage in the Bowld during finals week...and Panera Bagels.
- What I’m all about: I love to have fun and spend time with others. I want my life to help point others to Christ and to live a life that honors Him.
- What the residents of my building can expect this year: the unexpected. Basically fun things!
Elyssa Strand ‘14
Resident Advisor, Hurt 4
- Major: Accounting
- Favorite Res Life Memory: I've loved all the adventures that are continually going on! I have also enjoyed all the people I've gotten to know from living next door or doing events with them.
- What I’m all about: Pursuing Christ, being involved in church, being outside, having good conversation over a cup of coffee, crafting, running, laughing, meeting new people, and traveling!
- What the residents of my building can expect this year: Lots. Of. Fun. And memories, conversation, and encouragement to love God with your heart, soul, mind, and strength.
Jade Williams ‘14
Resident Advisor, Hope 2
- Major: Social Work
- Favorite Res Life Memory: I have lots of favorite memories but they usually all occur with all of my roommates piled on one bed at around 1 o'clock in the morning talking and laughing.
- What I’m all about: I absolutely love being outdoors, reading, and cooking. I enjoy spending time with kids, serving my community, being involved in school activities, and learning new things. I am in love with the gospel and the concept of being a missionary every day.
- What the residents of my building can expect this year: Someone who is always excited to listen and encourage others in their walk with Christ and the daily trials of college. Who will try to never miss an opportunity to laugh and enjoy each other. I will always be there to pray with you and give you something sweet to eat.