Updated: 11/10/2002 - 6:30 p.m.
- All classes are cancelled for Monday - day,
evening and seminary
- Union faculty & staff are asked to come
in on Monday morning ready to help clean-up the
- please do not arrive before 9 a.m.
- wear appropriate clothing for clearing tree
limbs and other debris
- feel free to bring light outdoor clean up
equipment (gloves, trash bags, brooms, rakes,
- Currently, the Welcome House on Walker Road
is the only entry to the campus
- Lifeway Christian Store will be closed on
- Donations of clean-up items or other
materials may be brought to Watters Residence
Commons, which is being used as the central
- If you are a residence student and were off
campus this weekend and have a place to stay, do
not return to campus before Monday night.
- Parents trying to get in touch with your
student, can contact 731-217-7448
- Tune into Memphis & Nashville radio
& TV stations for additional info
- Alternative housing assignments have been
made for displaced students whose dorm rooms
suffered minor to extensive damage
- We are aware of the additional weather
systems approaching our area and are taking
neccessary precautions for safety
- Campus phone lines are not accessible at
this time, so please continue to monitor this
website for further information
President David S. Dockery and Senior Vice
President for Business Services Gary Carter speak
with John Paul Cole from the TBC Disaster Relief
team about tornado damage relief efforts that will
begin Monday morning.
More Photos of Tornado
A Letter from President Dockery
On Saturday night (November 9, 2002), the Union
campus received damage from the storm that came
through Jackson. We were blessed that no one was
hurt for which we are quite grateful. We did,
however, experience damage to the dorms, the
parking lots, and Hammons Hall.
Temporary arrangements have been made until
full power can be restored to the campus.
Classes will be cancelled Monday (Nov. 11). We
will have a campus workday to begin to clean up
Please be assured that all efforts are being
made to assure the safety of your students. Please
pray for us at this time.
Additional information will be regularly
communicated through Union's website.
Thank you for your support for us during this