Faculty Position in Business - Finance
Union University seeks a qualified individual for the tenure-track Faculty Position in Business - Finance. Rank assignment commensurate with education/experience. This position includes competitive salary and benefits package.
***Note: This position begins Fall 2014.
Union University is a private, coeducational liberal arts-based university offering bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degrees. The campus is located in Jackson, Tenn. (80 miles northeast of Memphis) with additional campuses in Germantown and Hendersonville, Tenn. Union University currently enrolls more than 4,000 undergraduate and graduate students from more than 40 states and 30 countries. Union University stands as a national leader among colleges and universities in promoting a Christian worldview and a Christ-centered approach to education. Union is consistently ranked among the nation’s premier Christian universities and has been recognized as a top tier institution each year since 1997 by U.S. News & World Report, which also recognized Union at a national level for undergraduate teaching excellence. Union was also recently recognized by the Chronicle of Higher Education as a “Great College to Work For,” one of only 30 four-year institutions to receive this honor roll designation.
- Teach a full-time load of courses. Design and deliver class instruction through the development of instructional plans to meet course competencies, the development of activities, which support lesson objectives, and the development of activities to assist students to develop critical thinking skills.
- Facilitate/guide the progress of students toward achievement of course and program outcomes. Advise students in academic scheduling. Plan clear course outcomes. Assess records related to evaluation of student outcomes and course grades.
- Make relevant and realistic course assignments.
- Maintain appropriate scholarship level and produce published research in peer-reviewed publications.
- Participate on university committees as assigned. Participate in program planning and serve on School of Business standing and ad hoc committees as designated by the Dean.
- Apply Christian standards and attitudes in relationships among cohorts, faculty, staff and students.
- Participate in professional organizations and scholarly activities. Attend professional meetings, workshops, and/or conventions, as determined by Dean and Chair.
- Maintain a commitment to academic scholarship through the engagement of intellectual inquiry to further the faculty member’s field of study.
Graduation from an accredited college or university with an earned terminal degree in Finance from an AACSB-accredited institution and a demonstrated successful record of teaching excellence and scholarship at the collegiate level. ABD candidates will be considered.
Successful candidates must be professing Christians who are active members of a local church, enthusiastically support Union University’s Identity, Mission and Core Values, and articulate a Christian worldview in their work and life.
Interested individuals may access an application below. Send the completed application, Curriculum Vitae, transcripts, and a letter expressing interest to: Human Resources, Union University, 1050 Union University Drive, Jackson, TN 38305, or by fax to 731-661-5177, or via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Women and minority candidates are encouraged to apply.
Apply for this Faculty Position
(Microsoft Word Format)