How Do I?
Log in from off campus?
- The databases, e-journals, and other electronic resources to which Summar Library subscribes are available for
off-campus use by students, faculty, and staff of Union University. In order to be recognized as an authorized
user of these resources, you must either
If you are not using a Union University computer, EZProxy will automatically detect that and will give you a page
to sign in the first time you try to access a restricted resource. You will sign in using your Union University
network ID and password (the same one used to sign onto Union University computers, Webadvisor, and Blackboard).
Once signed in, you will remain signed in until you close your browser. If your ID and password do not allow you to
login, contact computing services at 731-661-5400 (Jackson) or 901-759-0029 x126 (Germantown).
- be using a Union University computer, OR
- login to the EZProxy system.
Renew my books?
Find articles on my topic?
Find books on my topic?
- All the books which the library has purchased, whether print or e-books, are listed in the catalog along with media,
print journals, and reference books. Click on the catalog link and search for books using the keyword or subject search.
When using phrases, it is recommended that you put quotation marks around your words and use the keyword search.
Be sure to also note the location of the book: Book Stacks (the majority of our collection, located in the back of the library),
Reference, Juvenile, Germantown, and IMC (our media collection) are the most commonly used.
Find a specific article cited in another source or by my professor?
- Summar Library has both full-text (online) and print journals, so you need to check in two places. For full-text journals,
click on the link Journals by Subject and enter the title of the journal in the search box.
If we have full-text content for that title, you will get a list of the years available and corresponding databases.
Follow the link to the database and work your way to your specific article. To see if we have the journal in print,
click on the catalog link and search for the title of your journal, using the drop-down box to choose journal title.
Any results you receive will tell you what years we own and where the title is located.
Get an article or book which the library does not own?
- Summar Library can borrow materials for you from other institutions through
Find copies of textbooks in the library?
- As a general rule, the library does not have copies of textbooks which students are expected to purchase for classroom use.
You can check the catalog to see if your textbook is an exception to that rule.
Reserve a group study room?
- Study rooms in the Hundley Center are reserved for use for tutoring and testing during the day. They can be reserved for group study weeknights after 8:00 p. m. and weekends.; please ask a library staff
member or send an email to email@example.com. Downstairs study rooms are available only on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Suggest an item for the library to purchase?
- The library welcomes any suggestions for purchasing items. Please refer to the
Collection Development Policy for the selection criteria we follow.
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with as much information about the item as you can provide. All requests will be considered.
About the Library