About Oxford Language Dictionaries Online - What is OLDO?
The innovative Oxford Language Dictionaries Online site offers essential language resources never before available online: fully searchable, completely comprehensive bilingual dictionaries, and unique study materials that provide extra help with learning and using an expanding range of languages.
What can you do with Oxford Language Dictionaries Online?
* Search Oxford's authoritative bilingual dictionaries to get accurate, up-to-date translations you can rely on
* Choose the right word or phrase using contextual clues and examples
* Use quick search box on every page to find translations fast
* Use advanced search options to search the full text of the dictionary, or restrict a search to specific parts of speech, subject area, or language register, and perform Boolean searches
* Browse the dictionary using alphabetical entry lists
* Find a list of other entries that have your search term somewhere in them
* Click from any word in an entry to look up that word in the dictionary
* Get click-through explanations of phonetic symbols and mouse-over explanations of parts of speech
* Insert accented characters (or letters from a different alphabet) using a handy virtual keyboard
* Insert Chinese characters using a helpful pop-up Radical and Character Index
* If you can't find an exact match, the "Did you mean" feature can help you find the entry you're looking for
* Print, email, cite, or link all entries
* Find a multitude of language learning and usage tools and resources
* Get access to hundreds of correspondence templates including sample letters, emails, and CVs and résumés to provide practical help with writing
* And much more
Union Faculty and Students may access Oxford Language Dictionaries Online using the library’s Databases, E-Books & Media link.