Welcome to the Nu Lambda Chapter of Sigma Theta Tau
Nu Lambda is the Union University chapter of the Honor Society of Nursing, Sigma Theta Tau International(STTI). STTI has chapters around the world and its mission is to support the learning, knowledge, and professional development of nurses committed to making a difference in health worldwide. Active members of Nu Lambda are predominantly from the Madison and Shelby County areas of West Tennessee, though members may reside anywhere.
2013 Showcase of Regional Excellence Recognitions
There are three classifications of Membership. The classifications are:
- Undergraduate Student - Junior or senior students enrolled in baccalaureate programs at accredited institutions of higher education who have completed at least 1/2 of the nursing curriculum, rank in the upper 35 percent of their graduating class and have achieved academic excellence (at schools where a 4.0 grade point average system is used, this equates to at least a 3.0)
- Graduate Student - Master's and Doctoral students enrolled in graduate programs at accredited institutions of higher education who have completed at least 1/4 of the nursing curriculum, have achieved academic excellence (at schools where a 4.0 grade point average system is used, this equates to at least a 3.5)
- Nurse Leader - Registered Nurses, legally recognized to practice in their countries, who hold at least a baccalaureate degree in nursing or other field and have demonstrated achievement in nursing.
Members, update your contact information
Nu Lambda encourages you to keep us updated about your contact information. We want to be able notify you about upcoming and past
chapter activities. Send current contact information to the chapter secretary (specified above right).
Already a Member?
Make sure you you have paid your dues and that your current information is up-to-date in the system by
contacting STTI headquarters (hit the "Renew today" button at http://www.nursingsociety.org or call 888.634.7575
Already a Member and Want to Volunteer?
Volunteer to participate in Nu Lambda chapter activities based on your interests and abilities under the leadership of
chapter officers. Email your name, contact information and area of interest to the Nu Lambda chapter president (specified above right).
A sampling of chapter volunteer needs:
- Program planning
- Event schedule and agenda
- Continuing education coordination
- Program delivery
- Facility preparation and clean up
- Participant registration
- Receive event registrations
- Develop roster
- Event registration table
- Food planning and delivery
- Event evaluation and analysis
- Membership involvement planning
- Newsletter, Facebook, other communications
If you would like to learn more about upcoming chapter events find us on Facebook listed as
Nu Lambda Chapter (UU) of Sigma Theta Tau International (STTI).
You do not have to be a member of Nu Lamda Chapter or STTI to join us on Facebook. (Facebook group membership does not indicate or qualify as membership in STTI or Nu Lambda chapter).
See a need? Tell us by e-mailing the Nu Lambda chapter vice-president (specified above right).
Nu Lambda Chapter Officers 2013-2014
Sigma Theta Tau International Resources