Bachelor of Science in Nursing > RN-BSN
Union offers an RN-BSN track which enables registered nurses (holding the associate degree or diploma) to continue their nursing studies and earn a BSN.
This educational track affords one the opportunity to enhance their nursing knowledge, leadership skills and professional opportunities.
Completion of the RN-BSN curriculum may be achieved online (excluding general education requirements). One may complete 100% of the didactics online though
E-Campus. Completion of the RN-BSN curriculum (excluding general education requirements) is generally completed in 18 months.
- GPA 2.8 for last 60 Hours
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of Tennessee
- If you are not a U.S. citizen, an international application
must be completed and submitted with the BSN application.
- All international transcripts must be evaluated by an accredited evaluating agency found at the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services' website:
Required General Education
|General Education Requirements (61 hours)
||Christian Studies (online courses)
Old Testament Survey & New Testament Survey
Anatomy & Physiology I & II
3 hours must be World Civilization
3 hours must be Literature
6 hours must be Upper Level courses
|Credit from prior Nursing Program after completion of NUR 333
|Total Credit Hours
- Maximum of 72 hours may be transferred from a junior college; 37 hours from an
Associate Degree or Diploma Nursing Program will be awarded after the completion of
NUR 333. Therefore, 35 hours remain available for credit from a junior college.
- 32 hours must be taken from Union University to receive a BSN degree
- 32 hours maximum credit by testing (i.e. CLEP, DANTES, etc.)
- Life experience credit is not applicable to this program
Notes of Interest
- Online nursing courses taken for RN licensure must be evaluated by the Registrar to determine acceptance of transfer credit. Registrar will evaluate official transcripts after your application has been received and she will mail you a letter detailing transfer credit. The Registrar is the only person with authority to grant transfer credit.
- English 111 and English 112 must be completed prior to orientation.
- Statistics (MAT114) is a prerequisite course for Research in Nursing (NUR330). Research in Nursing is required prior to Leadership in Nursing Practice (NUR432). The Nursing Capstone course (NUR490) is the final course of the nursing curriculum.
2014-2015 Tuition Rates
Program Offerings and Priority Deadlines
The RN-BSN Track is available nationwide through online E-Campus. While the application process is rolling admissions,
priority applications need to be complete by July 1st, if you desire to begin in the Fall semester or November 1st, if you desire to begin in the Spring semester.
If you are applying after these deadlines, your application may still be considered for the upcoming cohort. Orientation for the nursing program is
provided prior to beginning the nursing curriculum.
General Education courses may be taken with nursing courses as needed
E-Campus online 18 Months
Begin in the Fall or Spring (Excluding General Education Requirements)
||Research in Nursing
||Concepts of Professional Nursing
||Legal and Ethical Aspects of Nursing
||Survey of Technology in Nursing
||Population-Focused Health Within the Community and World
||Leadership in Nursing Practice
- Application: All non-traditional nursing students must complete the Union University School of Nursing Supplemental and NursingCAS applications only.
You are not required to apply to the university separately. If you are applying to the traditional 4-year BSN program, please contact Undergraduate Admissions.
RN-BSN Adult Studies Application Packet (.pdf)
- Read and sign the Community Values Statement and Standards of Admissions.
Both signed pages must be received by the School of Nursing Admissions. (part of RN-BSN Adult Studies Application Packet)
- Application Fee: The Union University application fee is $50 and is non-refundable. You have the option to
pay online by credit card.
You may also pay by check or money order with your RN-BSN Adult Studies Application.
- Transcripts: Official Transcripts from ALL colleges attended. (Official means they are received at Union University in a sealed envelope from the college you attended).
We will accept official transcripts sent electronically through eSCRIP-SAFE. If you attended an international college, you will need to have those transcripts
evaluated by one of the agencies found on www.naces.org.
*Please allow 2-4 weeks after application packet has been submitted to be received in the Office of Admissions and up to 2 weeks to process application.
Applicant will be notified by email when application has been processed.
*Upon acceptance into the program, the following items must be completed:
- Current CPR certification
- Physical exam form & immunization record
- Clear urine drug screen
- Clear criminal background check