Union University

Health Services

Health Services

Health Services > Confidentiality & Request for Records

Confidentiality & Request for Records


This notice describes how medical information about you may be used and disclosed and how you can get access to this information.

Understanding Your Health Information:
Each time you visit a clinician, or other healthcare provider, a record of your visit is made. Typically, this record contains your symptoms, examination and test results, diagnoses, treatment and plan for future care or treatment. Being aware of what is in your health record will help you to make more informed decisions when authorizing disclosure to others.

Your Health Information Rights
Although your health record is the physical property of Union University Student Health Services, the health information it contains belongs to you. You have the right to:

  • Inspect and obtain a copy of your health information; there are a few exceptions and copy charges may apply.
  • Request to amend your health information.
  • Revoke your authorization to use or disclose health information expect to the extent that action has already been taken prior to revocation.
  • Request a restriction on certain otherwise permitted uses and disclosures of your information; however, we are not required to agree in all circumstances.
  • Request a written accounting of disclosures of your health information for the previous six years but not before April 14, 2003 for disclosures other than those made to you, for treatment, payment, or healthcare operations or other limited exceptions.
  • Request communications of your health information by alternative means or at alternative locations and to obtain a paper copy of this notice upon request.

If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact the Student Health Services Director at 731-661-5284 or pmayer@uu.edu.

Request for Health Records

Students, Faculty and Staff requesting a copy of their health records Will need to complete the Release of Information Form and submit this to the Health Clinic. This procedure may be completed on line by downloading the release form and faxing it to the Health Clinic (731-661-5499) or by personal pick-up during regularly scheduled clinic hours.

Quick Links

Health Services
Union University Statement on Ebola
  • Union University cares deeply for the health and wellbeing of its students, faculty and staff and is monitoring developments as they pertain to the Ebola virus. The university has a plan ready should circumstances warrant.
  • University leaders are monitoring the situation closely and are following recommendations and guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and other health entities. In addition to registering Union University-related travel, all students, faculty and staff members are strongly urged to register their international travel plans through the Horizons system.
  • For more information, contact Health Services or visit the Institute for International and Intercultural Studies website.
Forms (.pdf)
Vaccines Offered in Health Services

Excellence-Driven Christ-Centered People-Focused Future-Directed

Apply to Union Campus Visits Give to Union