Meet The Staff
The Residence Complexes are under the direct supervision of the Director of Residence Life through the Residence Life Staff.
The Resident Directors, with the assistance of the Resident Advisors, aim to provide a safe living/learning environment.
Residence Life Staff
- Favorite part of being on Res Life staff: Residence Life is in my blood. I served as an RA in college and have been involved with residence life ever since. Residence life provides an incredibly unique opportunity to 'do life together', as Dietrich Bonhoeffer illustrates, while pursuing academic, spiritual and relational growth.
- Favorite Food: Diners, Drive-ins and Dives…if it's owned by 'ma and pa' and off the beaten path I'm a fan.
- Favorite Season: As the great Elmur Fudd so eloquently verbalized "wabbit season, duck season, deer season…"
- Meaningful verse of Scripture: Colossians 3:12-17: "Put on then, as God's chosen ones, holy and beloved, compassionate hearts, kindness, humility, meekness and patience, bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive. And above all these put on love, which binds everything together in perfect harmony. And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body. And be thankful. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God. And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him".
- Family: I know that I'm biased, but I married the most wonderful girl in the world in September of 1998. Tricia and I have two boys: Clayton (2004) and Trent (2006)
- Education: B.A. in Theology from Mid-America Nazarene University; M.Ed. in College Student Affairs from Azusa Pacific University; Ed.D. (in progress) in Educational Leadership with a specialization in Higher Education from Union University
Director of Residence Life
UU # 1806
- Favorite part of being on Res Life staff: I love working with college students and Residence Life provides an exciting avenue to do it. So much of who I am was a result of having intentional relationships in college and I love to help facilitate that opportunity for others.
- Hobbies: Sports (Go Packers!), technology, outdoor recreation, woodworking, playing guitar and traveling.
- Favorite Res Life memory from college: I don't have a specific one, but I lived with fantastic guys all four years in college and I still keep in contact with them to this day. My time living in community in college is a perfect illustration of Proverbs 27:17: "As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another."
- Meaningful verse of Scripture: Colossians 1:28 "We proclaim him, admonishing and teaching everyone with all wisdom, so that we may present everyone perfect in Christ."
- Family: Renee and I met at the end of our freshmen year of college and we were married in 2002. Jonathan joined us in 2005 and Gabriel came along in 2008.
- Education: B.A. in Information Systems, Theology & Church Education from Trinity Christian College; M.Div. in Youth and Family Ministries from Denver Seminary
Secretary for the Office of Residence Life
Residence Director, Heritage Residence Complex
- Hobbies: In my spare time, I love being physically active whether its running, going on hikes and walks, or playing various sports. I am a Zumba instructor and a bluegrass fiddle player. I also enjoy cooking, soap-making, going to coffee with friends, board games, hanging out and exciting adventures!
- Favorite Scripture: Isaiah 60:1 Arise now and shine for your light has come.
- Education: I graduated from Baylor University in 2008 with a Major in Communications and Minor in Religion.
- Family: After graduation, I moved back to my hometown, Lynchburg, Virginia where I met and married my husband Joe. Joe and I moved to Jackson in January 2011 so he could begin the Nurse Anesthesia Program at Union! I am also taking classes working toward my Master's of Education.
Assistant Residence Director, Heritage Residence Complex
Female Quads Staff
Residence Director, Female Quads
- Favorite Season: My favorite season has to be fall. Growing up in Florida, I was not able to experience seasonal changes because it is always hot! From mid September to late November I am outside with my children or students enjoying the crisp air or admiring the leaves changing. Seeing these amazing colors brings me great delight and allows me to reflect on the beauty of His Creation.
- Favorite thing about UU: There are many things I could say about Union, but if I had to pick my favorite it would be the community. People-focused, one of Union's core values, is reflected in the community of believers who live, eat, work, study, and play together. Students can identify Union's Christ-centered, People-focused community efforts from residence complexes to professors' home.
- Hobby(s): Weekends in the fall are defined by watching Florida Gator football with my family. Outside of football season, I enjoy scrapbooking life's memories for my children, and teaching Kindermusik.
- Family: I am blessed to have a wonderful husband, Ernie, whom I met while attending Union University. Ernie and I have the joy of serving and living among students with our two boys, Clark and Matthew. Our boys have a once in a lifetime privilege of growing up on a college campus and having incredible male spiritual role models.
- Education: Bachelor of Music in Music Education from Union University; Masters of Arts in Education with an emphasis in Curriculum and Instruction from Union University (in process)
Assistant Residence Director, Female Quads
Male Quads Staff
Residence Director, Male Quads
Assistant Resident Director, Male Quads