Meet The Heritage Resident Advisor Staff
Stephanie Smith ‘13
Resident Staff Advisor
- Major: Intercultural Studies
- Favorite Res Life Memory: Last year the girls in my building rallied together and won S'more Giving by a landslide! It was fun to win, but more than that, I was blown away by the generosity of the Sullivan girls. (Not to mention the fact that we had an awesome pizza party as our reward.)
- What I’m all about: I'm all about having good friends, being a good friend, doing fun things, living messy life together, serving Jesus together, and laughing all along the way.
- What the residents of my building can expect this year: My hope for the Heritage residents this year is that they form a great community that sticks together all four years. I hope they have fun and learn together as they make their transition into college life.
Lydia Dahl ‘13
Resident Advisor, Craig
- Major: Psycology
- Favorite Res Life Memory: Working with the Heritage staff 2011-2012
- What I’m all about: Ping Pong, Spaghetti, and the book of Romans.
- What the residents of my building can expect this year: A challenging but amazing first year of college. May God be glorified in the class of 2016!
Mekenna Dement ‘15
Resident Advisor, Wright
- Major: Sports Medicine
- Favorite Res Life Memory: The Deep Fried Olympics was so much fun! I was so impressed with the outfits that people had. I will have high expectations for my building this coming year.
- What I’m all about: Laughing, talking, coffee, good music, dancing, being healthy, meeting new people, and trying new things!
- What the residents of my building can expect this year: My ladies can expect lots of laughs, new and improved dance moves, coffee nights in my room, and growing together as sisters in Christ as we navigate through our college years.
Joshua Fern ‘14
Resident Advisor, Dehoney
- Major: Nursing
- Favorite Res Life Memory: Playing mud soccer in the middle of the quads while it was pouring rain.
- What I’m all about: While quite a broad statement, I will try and keep it short. I love having fun, but at the same time I won't sacrifice what is right just because it might be fun. I enjoy being around people and being outdoors and staying active, however I know the importance of benign able to sit in and enjoy a good movie or two. I love God and can't see how He is going to work in me and through me in the next few years of my life.
- What the residents of my building can expect this year: I would say for sure that my residents can expect friendships, good memories, and spiritual growth during their time in Dehoney. With the building being the size that it is I fully expect to be interacting and bonding with the boys that will live in it. I can't wait to see the new friendships that will form! I want to start a Bible study or a small group with whoever would like to be a part of it.
Emily Georgoulis ‘15
Resident Advisor, Sullivan
- Major: Math Education
- Favorite Res Life Memory: My favorite ResLife memory was watching a movie in Julia's room (my RA) with almost all the Paschall girls just for fun!
- What I’m all about: I love playing sports and music, and talking about goofy and deep topics. I am very, very silly! I love making new friends and telling of the Lord's faithfulness in my life to anyone who wants to hear.
- What the residents of my building can expect this year: My residents can expect some fun events, lunch and dinner dates, and a ton of good talks with me! I would love for Sullivan to be a big family away from home.
Ryan Linkous ‘13
Resident Advisor, Grey
- Major: Biblical Studies-Languages
- Favorite Res Life Memory: Sitting on "front porch" with my RA in the spring of my freshman year in the afternoons just talking about life.
- What I’m all about: Helping new students adjust to their freshman year of college relationally, academically, and spiritually. Personal interests include reading, football, ultimate frisbee, and City Fellowship Baptist Church.
- What the residents of my building can expect this year: Expect to have a great time learning and growing as a freshman in college as well as building relationships that will last the rest of your life.
Haaken Magnuson ‘15
Resident Advisor, Warmath
- Major: Biology
- Favorite Res Life Memory: Midnight runs to Steak n' Shake.
- What I’m all about: People - I love meeting new people. I am all about loving life, giving God glory, and having fun. I am intentional about getting to know people and strengthening relationships.
- What the residents of my building can expect this year: I am excited to get to know everyone in my building. I hope the residents of my building know that I really care about them and am always ready to listen, talk, or just hang out. I want to be an encouragement to everyone I come in contact with, and have an amazing year, growing closer to Christ and each other.
Jamie Mitchell ‘13
Resident Advisor, Paschall
- Major: English
- Favorite Res Life Memory: I love the Christmas events! I always look forward to decorating the commons and listening to Dr. Dockery read the Christmas story.
- What I’m all about: I love going to school at Union and am excited about helping the girls in my building get connected and find out what they love at Union. I love getting to know people and doing my best to encourage them wherever they are in their walk with Christ.
- What the residents of my building can expect this year: The girls in Paschall can expect to feel warmly welcomed at Union, a really good time getting to know the other girls in the building as well as the other freshman through different events, and a lot of desserts delivered to their rooms :)
Megan Peden ‘15
Resident Advisor, Pollard
- Major: Art
- Favorite Res Life Memory: My favorite memories are of homemade dinners in the commons with friends, picnics outside the dorms, and participating in the Mcafee Commons indoor Frisbee golf tournament created by my friends.
- What I’m all about: I'm all about loving God, loving people, and big smiles.
- What the residents of my building can expect this year: My residents can expect a lot of love and support from me and my roommates. It is my goal to make myself always available to talk and encourage my residents. I hope to be able to help them through the initial adjustments to college life and be someone to look to for friendship and accountability. I hope to provide many ways to build building community so residents can meet and build relationships with each other within the sphere of their living place.
Tabitha Shera ‘13
Resident Advisor, Pollard
- Major: Nursing
- Favorite Res Life Memory: dance parties with the girls in my building and simply spending time with them...so many crazy adventures
- What I’m all about: The gospel and building relationships with others.
- What the residents of my building can expect this year: A fun year where we will laugh together, cry together, and grow together in the love of our Lord!
Daniel Stands ‘13
Resident Advisor, Jarman
- Major: Biblical Studies-Languages
- Favorite Res Life Memory: The community experience of the Heritage Complex
- What I’m all about: I'm all about being a total servant to my residents and the other residents of UU's campus. I want to advance the gospel of Christ through my ministry as an RA.
- What the residents of my building can expect this year: The residents of my building can expect an awesome, fun, exciting, enjoyable, first year college experience. They can expect me to be a helpful asset in their time of transition. And some epic bro time.
Ryan Substad ‘13
Resident Advisor, Dodd
- Major: Engineering, Mechanical Concentration
- Favorite Res Life Memory: Men's Puttapalooza event
- What I’m all about: I love anything sports, especially hockey, baseball, and golf. I also love spending time with friends and just hanging out. I also love Jesus Christ most of all and want him made known in my life.
- What the residents of my building can expect this year: The residents of my building can expect a fun year including building events, a Bible study, and other awesome things. Also I would love to have a close-knit building where we can challenge and encourage each other in the Lord.
ResLife Right Now
Quick Reference for...
Parents & Guests