- Carla D. Sanderson, Executive Vice President for Strategic Initiatives and Provost
- Carla D. Sanderson has served as Union University's provost since 1998 and holds leadership responsibility for ensuring learning community
excellence in academic programming, student life, and learning resources. Prior to becoming provost, Dr. Sanderson served as Union's
School of Nursing dean (1990-1999) where she continues to hold faculty rank of Professor of Nursing (1982-present).
She serves in leadership development across the Council of Christian Colleges and Universities and in higher education
accreditation through service to the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
Dr. Sanderson is married to Larry and has three sons: Clayton (Union '06), Cody and Cullen. The Sanderson family serves at First Baptist Church, Jackson.
- Gene Fant, Executive Vice President for Academic Administration
- Gary L. Carter, Senior Vice President for Business and Financial Services
- Jerry N. Tidwell, Senior Vice President for University Relations and Athletics
- Dr. Jerry N. Tidwell serves as the Senior Vice President of University Relations at Union University in Jackson Tennessee.
He is best known across the Southern Baptist Convention as the author of Outreach Teams That Win: GROW! which has been,
or is being used in over 8,000 churches throughout the United States and other countries. Dr. Tidwell is a native of
North Alabama where he received his B.S. degree from the University of North Alabama majoring in Secondary Education.
Before surrendering to the ministry, he was a High School football coach in North Alabama. Dr. Tidwell received his Master
of Divinity Degree from Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary in 1987 and his Doctor of Ministry at Southwestern in 1990.
He is the former Senior Pastor of West Jackson Baptist Church in Jackson, Tennessee and most recently was the Senior Pastor of
Ellendale Baptist Church, in Bartlett Tennessee, before coming to Union. He has served churches in Texas, Florida, and Tennessee.
Dr. Tidwell served as President of the Tennessee Baptist Convention from 1999-2000. He also served on the Executive Committee of
the Southern Baptist Convention and the Board of the Southern Baptist Foundation. Dr. Tidwell served on the
Board of Trustees of Union University for over ten years where he was Chairman of the Board in 2001-2002. He is married to
Kathy Snow Tidwell and they have two daughters: Chrissy and Cassy .
- Rich Grimm, Senior Vice President for Enrollment Services
- Rich Grimm serves as senior vice president for enrollment services, which includes undergraduate admissions, student financial planning,
academic support (Keystone Program) and Union Station. Mr. Grimm joined the Union University team in August, 2004. Rich and his wife,
Linda, have three children, Daniel, Nathan and Rachel. Rich and his family are members of Englewood Baptist Church.
Institutes & Centers