Community Conversation about Education to be Hosted by Union on April 15
April 10, 2013 - Union University will be hosting the State Collaborative on Reforming Education (SCORE) on April 15, 2013, which will provide opportunity for a community dialogue about education. The discussion will focus on the community’s work over the past year to improve student achievement and address how such progress can continue.
The event will be located in the Bowld Student Commons from 5:00-6:30 p.m. in room 221. The discussion will be open to the public.
Panelist will include a variety of educators from west Tennessee. The roundtable participants will include:
- Eddie Pruett, Superintendent, Gibson County Special School District
- Susie Bunch, Superintendent, Lexington City Schools
- Pennye Thurmond, Principal, Ripley Elementary Schools
- Jackie Hopper, Instructional Coach, Milan Special School District
- Fred Ellis, Parent Representative, Lexington City Schools
- Jeff Griggs, Alderman, City of Lexington
- Dr. Thomas Rosebrough, Executive Dean, College of Education and Human Studies, Union University
- Dr. Norma Gerrell, CORE Director, Northwest Tennessee
- Dave Bratcher, Vice President of Financial Services, West Tennessee Heathcare Foundation
- Chuck Jones, Chief of Technology, Jackson-Madison County School System
For more information about the event, visit conversationsix-eorg.eventbrite.com