Collegium on Christ
This two-day event during January Term brings together a group of faculty to consider the biblical doctrines of Creation, Fall, Redemption, Incarnation, and Revelation that form an intellectual framework from which Christian scholars can ask questions of their disciplines. For example, "How has the fall of humankind and the consequent disharmony between self and God, within oneself, between self and others, and self and nature affect the values and theories of ones academic discipline?" The Collegium encourages the faculty to embrace the integration of faith and knowledge not just as an intellectual issue but as a natural outworking of their discipleship to Jesus Christ.
To develop a clearer understanding of:
- the history of higher education in America.
- the vision of Christian higher education.
- the Biblical doctrines of the Christian faith: creation, incarnation, redemption and their implications for faculty as they consider their discipline and make contributions.
- the relationship between the practice of spiritual disciplines and the pursuit of God at the center of all knowing.
- how faith influences learning.