If you have questions about this service, please use the contacts listed in Getting Help on the right of this page.
Report an incident or Request service (requires your normal username and password)
Lab hours and locations
- General-purpose computer labs are available for current students and employees.
- Student lab assistants are available to help you at any time the general-purpose labs on the Jackson campus are open, except as noted below. Professional staff are available to assist you at the Jackson campus and at the Germantown campus during traditional business hours. Hours for the labs are listed below.
- These labs are sometimes reserved for classes or may be unavailable for other reasons including official holidays, required chapel services or inclement weather.
- Lab hours may vary at the end of major terms (spring graduation to June, fall graduation to January).
- You may call to check availability.
- It is university policy that only students registered for the class meeting in the lab are allowed to be in the lab at that time.
- Many departments on the Jackson campus have a computer lab designated for students taking courses in the department. Each department determines its own usage policies and hours of access. View a complete list of departmental labs here.
- Jackson-campus labs and IT Help Desk
- The C-1 and C-3 labs are located in the Penick building across the hall from the library. The IT Helpdesk is located in the D-22 area of the Penick building.
- Fall, Spring
- Monday - Thursday: 7:30 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.
- Friday - 7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Saturday: 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- January, June, July, August
- Monday - Thursday: 8:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m. (The Help Desk is closed after 4:00 p.m.)
- Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Saturday: 11:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (The Help Desk is closed.)
- Sunday: 2:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. (The Help Desk is closed.)
- If all computers in these labs are in use, the library, the Bowld Commons building and the McAfee Commons building also have computers for general student use. The library computers on the main floor and upstairs are PCs. McAfee has PCs. Bowld has both PCs and Macs.
- Germantown-campus labs
- To find out if the building will be open on a specific night or Saturday, call the campus receptionist (7:30-4:30 - 901-312-1931) or campus security (after 4:30 or Saturday - 901-312-1936).
- Monday - Thursday: 7:30 a.m. - 9:30 p.m. (If there are no night classes scheduled, the building may close before 9:30 p.m.)
- Friday: 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Saturday: 7:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. (The campus is normally open three out of four Saturdays each month with the exceptions of May, August and December.)
- Sunday: Closed
Microsoft Office questions
- For help with any Microsoft program, you can always consult the program's built-in help by clicking the question-mark icon at the top right of the screen.
- Microsoft.com has a wide array of resources. Use the site's search feature to find help for the specific program and feature you are using - Word 2013 endnote, Excel 2013 formula, Power Point 2013 print multiple slides per page, etc.
- The IT Help Desk Technicians can help with common questions.
- Dr. Max Li in the Computer Science department (in the B/C Hall on the Jackson campus) can help with advanced questions.
- To change your password, go to password.uu.edu, even if you do not know what your current password is.
- If you have problems changing your password, contact IT for help. See the Getting Help section on the top right section of this page. You may also visit the Help Desk in person.
- If you are trying to print from a university computer, you must be logged in with your Union username.
- If you are trying to print from your own device to a university printer, you must use the PawPrint service.
- If you have a concern about being charged for printing that involved some problem, use the PaperWise system to submit a refund request.
- If you are printing in a central computer lab or in the library, ask a staff member for help.